LITTLE GUARDIANS BORN !!!

Grazer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congratulations! I just know these are going to be some really beautiful puppies!
Looking forward to seeing their pics and hearing more about their characters once they are a little older :)

Mzyla

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm doing everything possible to start them on being a good LGD's !

It is gigantic task and responsibility to place them in For-ever-homes. Where they won't be discarded as not needed commodity.
I received couple of E-mails. When someone is insisting on having that dog "with the dots" and no other, I know this is not a situation where my conscious would be clear.
Money to me is secondary - priority is to have somebody trustworthy and somehow experienced with rising livestock.

Any how, I'm already getting them use to poultry:)
There are numerous postings on internet where people have issues with LGD's molesting their chickens, rabbits, etc....
I want to make easier for potential owners and to prevent such issues.

4124_dogs-birds.jpg

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
M,

I appreciate the fact that you are getting the pups socialized with the hens already and that you really care about where your pups are going. It will make our trainning easier when the pups get here and most likely a more smooth transition for every pup that leaves your home. :D

Grazer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Kudos to you for being a responsible (LGD) breeder Mzyla; socializing your pups with children, poultry, cats etc..
And for caring for these puppies well being by only selling them to experienced owners. I hope they will all find great homes where they will be appreciated and loved.

Mzyla

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Thanks Grazer! Kind words are brighting my day!

Picture taken yesterday - 6 Days old.
"Serce" is going to Maine :)

4124_serce.jpg

Grazer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Just look at those chubby little beauties! I've also seen their most recent pics on your website.
I bet the future owners of the reserved ones are so excited; we'll be getting a female Caucasian Ovcharka puppy in a month and a half (we already have a male CO, so hopefully the two of them will make great buddies) and I keep counting down the days :D
Are you going to keep one of the puppies for yourself?

Mzyla

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Caucasian Ovcharka - Wow!
Wonderful dogs in a right hands and very rare here in USA.
I cannot wait to see their pictures!
I can imagine your excitement :D

Yes - the future owners are very excited - to say the least! ha ha
Yes - We plan to keep one.
5 Boys are left, of which 2 are being "negotiated" as we speak and most likely the deal will be sealed.
3 to go - of which we keep one, so actually only 2 to go.

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Grazer said:
Just look at those chubby little beauties! I've also seen their most recent pics on your website.
I bet the future owners of the reserved ones are so excited; we'll be getting a female Caucasian Ovcharka puppy in a month and a half (we already have a male CO, so hopefully the two of them will make great buddies) and I keep counting down the days :D
Are you going to keep one of the puppies for yourself?
Being one of the "future owners" I can say that "excited" is an understatement! :D We have one male and one female coming and have known about this pups almost from conception. It has tested my patience to wait and wait. I am not sure which waiting will be longer. The waiting for them to be born or the waiting to bring them home. ;) Mzyla has been very, very gracious and sends us pictures and updates all of the time so that we can see how they are progressing.

Congratulations on your new pup. I am going to look up the Caucasian Ovcharka and see what this beauty looks like! Sounds like a very special breed. :thumbsup

Grazer

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Mzyla, you're absolutely right. In the right hands, they're the most amazing dogs and I'm hoping the only breed I'll ever own now and in the future.
Although I'm crazy about all livestock guardian breeds :lol:
I'll post pictures of our Caucasian Ovcharka male (who's going to be 1 year when the new puppy arrives) and of course of the new pup mid June in another thread, once we get her and the vet clears her of course
And I'm looking forward to looking at the pics of your beautiful pups growing! Judging by their parents and the good start they've had, I'm betting the puppies will get the best of both worlds and have some amazing characters!

@ Stubbornhillfarm: Thank you and oh yes, waiting is the hardest part! lol We've been on the waiting list for our pup since February, so I guess about the same time as you guys :D

Stubbornhillfarm

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Grazer said:
Mzyla, you're absolutely right. In the right hands, they're the most amazing dogs and I'm hoping the only breed I'll ever own now and in the future.
Although I'm crazy about all livestock guardian breeds :lol:
I'll post pictures of our Caucasian Ovcharka male (who's going to be 1 year when the new puppy arrives) and of course of the new pup mid June in another thread, once we get her and the vet clears her of course
And I'm looking forward to looking at the pics of your beautiful pups growing! Judging by their parents and the good start they've had, I'm betting the puppies will get the best of both worlds and have some amazing characters!

@ Stubbornhillfarm: Thank you and oh yes, waiting is the hardest part! lol We've been on the waiting list for our pup since February, so I guess about the same time as you guys :D
Grazer, they are so handsome! I can see your draw to them by looks alone and I am sure that their nature is over the top for what you want to do with them. Can't wait to see pics!