Little help please

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Nothing comes out of her nose either. She's never coughed anything back up. It's kind of like the backward sneezing some dogs do

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nothing out of the nose is good and she is probably fine.

About the eggs...they aren't bad, even for you, unless they got super hot for a long long time; like they would if a hen sat on them and start incubating them. In Europe eggs aren't even put in the refrigerator and sometimes I leave mine on the counter for a few days. But if you aren't comfortable using them then by all means cook them up for the pigs, they will love them.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been on here in a while. Been battling some depression and working on some fanfic to help. The babies are 6 weeks as of wednesday! Time has flown by. I finally have bottle baby taking the milk out of a bowl. I'm unsure how to slowly wean her from it. And how long after having babies before my pig goes into heat again? I'm keeping her indoors until I can make sure the male can't get to her. This litter has her looking so frail. She's staying rounded but her legs look small. I've let her outside a couple times but not for extended periods. I'm scared she'll go to where I had the male put up and encourage him!

Reactions: TAH

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
20160811_131407-1.jpg

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sorry you're dealing with depression. Hope you can work your way out of it. They sure have grown!

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm doing better :) just been too much going on but things are slowly getting better. I managed to wean Boots in just 2 days! I had meant for it to be a gradual thing but she only cried for her milk the first two days. By the third day she stopped squealing when I put the food down for them :) I did end up having to feed another one some milk as well towards the end. He was a little too slim for my liking. Momma pig is staying round bellied and full but her hip bones and spine are visible. I'm really hoping she stops looking so frail once the babies are gone. She eats several times a day and quite a bit each time. We plow through feed anymore. Buying 2 bags every 9ish days. Adult and youth at a time. Just thought I'd pop in with an update

Mouse14

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I know I haven't posted in quite a while, but I have a question regarding my 1 year old male. He's been releasing blood with semen when he gets his jolly's off. Is that normal for males to expel or could it be sexual frustration? (My male dog once peed blood and the vet said it's common with unneuteted males that aren't breeding) just wondering if I should be concerned or if it could be normal.