Livinwright Farm's Journal - Our life with goats

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I entered a contest to win a VOX Guitar for my Dad today...

and.... .... .... .... .... ....

I'm 1 of 5 qualifiers!!! :woot :woot :celebrate :celebrate
3120_jaqui-qualifier_pic.jpg

Now, to see if my mom & sister can enter the next couple of days.... :fl :fl If one of us wins the guitar, then my Dad will have a really cool Christmas present!!!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I believe the contest winner will be declared on the 10th.... I... Cant... WAIT!!!! :barnie It's torture having to wait that long! ... oh well... time to put patience into practice :caf :caf :caf :th

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
To those of you that continue to read our little journal, this is the only place on BYH where we will be posting, at least for now...

There are certain members here who have been an incredible wealth of knowledge & support for us, and to those few we say ,"Thank you! From the depths of our hearts, thank you for being there for those who need you"

We, like most of you here, have hit a few bumps and snags in the road on this journey with goats. The first few, again like most of you, were admittedly our own fault for not doing enough research prior to buying our first goats.
There has also been a lot of joy. From watching that first born kid bounce around the yard like it has springs for legs, to having our goats delightedly come walking into our laps to be cuddled and scritched... and occassionally try to sneak attack a kiss on our noses or a tug on our hair(it does look like hay ya know).

Laughter, like we hadn't had in years... that is what owning goats has given us the most of. :)

New friendships, new experiences, new thoughts on life... like: Have you ever realized how much like sheep & goats we humans really are? We NEED other humans in our lives, if we didn't have anyone we would go stark raving mad with boredom and die at a very young age. We NEED the Shepherd to watch over us & keep us safe. We NEED to be kept from things that are harmful to us, because we are ignorant of what it is that will hurt us.

We have seen books and pages talking about how "so n' so" is an expert on goats... honestly, that is completely bogus! No one on this earth is an expert on goats. Some of us may have learned more about certain aspects of them, but no one is an expert on them or on how to deal with them. Every single honest person here will tell you that their goats are constantly throwing surprises at them. Be it behaviors, weird or unexplained health issues, strange deformities, whatever... not even the vets have all the answers.

These funny people-like critters in our backyard have been teaching us so much!
No worries, we will continue to share what we learn, and hope that you will feel free to comment here with the things you learn along the way too ;)

Goodnight our friends,
Hope to talk with you soon.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
I will always read your journal, You have a wonderful incite to goats and I agree humans are a lot like sheep or goats as we too need companionship. I hope you continue to read my journal and comment, I enjoy the comments. Night Iwill chat with you tomorrow I hope. :D