~Livinwright Farm's kidding thread~ 2 preggers does... hopefully :)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I can still occassionally feel movement on/in Momma's upper right side & her underbelly... so it is looking good... still waiting for her to start blossoming in the udder department.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Well, we are still waiting on Momma to show signs of nearing the end of her pregnancy, and now we are waiting into November for Minnie to kid Falkor's offspring! :celebrate She should kid multiples, as she kidded twins with her FF and triplets with her SF. :fl :fl :fl can't wait for fluffy caramel babies!!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Felt, I think only 1, baby kicking/pushing in Momma's right side... then felt a head brush "over" my palm... don't want to get my hopes up too much that Momma could actually be carrying multiples, but.... :fl :fl :fl !!!!!

BCBunnies

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm hoping all goes as smoothly as your kidding of Olivia, well with the exception that you would get to see the action this time. I'm just getting back into goats myself have 3 little Boers that I'll be feeding out for a while before they are old enough to breed. Also wanted to say I'm sorry for the loss of little Cali and her buckling. :hugs Keep the thread updated and looking forward to pics of the new arrival(s)!

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Going by udder development, it looks like Momma has 1-2 weeks left until she kids. still hoping for twins at the very least, but knowing it is not typical from bucks so young.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Bucks have nothing to do with the number of kids, only the gender of them.

And udder development isn't always a good indicator of how long is left when they can fully bag up very quickly and boom - there are kids!

Hoping for doeling(s) for you!
:D

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I had mentioned Momma's udder development, because she & Maude are sisters, and Maude only really started developing her udder roughly 2 weeks prior to kidding... IF Momma is anything like her, then I have a rough estimate of how much longer we have to wait.

Mossy Stone Farm

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I have 2 FF does who are about 12 days out for kidding they both started on their udders about a month ago... getting larger by the day... I had one doe i bought who did not have an undder until 2 days after she had her kids...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Mossy Stone Farm said:
I have 2 FF does who are about 12 days out for kidding they both started on their udders about a month ago... getting larger by the day... I had one doe i bought who did not have an undder until 2 days after she had her kids...
I've got one who built and filled her udder 12 hours prior to kidding. And yes, I said built and filled with 12 hours left to go!