Llama Attack at work, kind of funny but serious

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I had an intact male llama that had killed another male llama in a fight, and he never once became agressive w/ me. He would slowly wrap his neck around mine to 'hug' me.

It's not an 'all intact llamas' thing, I agree w/ the other opinions - stressful situation, strangers, and testosterone combo.

rittert3

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I don't mean to aggravate anyone. I was just saying that when someone occaisionally gets an animal that can't be helped they bring them to the sale barn trying to regain some lost money, most of these animals are kept for work not pleasure and there can be a big difference, not so say that they shouldn't still be respected and properly cared for/ managed, because they should.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
rittert3 said:
. I was just saying that when someone occaisionally gets an animal that can't be helped they bring them to the sale barn trying to regain some lost money
This is the sad part of being in animals. People think it is cute to bottle feed an alpaca or llama cria. It isn't. Especially when they are older and treat you like another alpaca/llama. This is the reason why there are "bezerk males" out there. Totally the fault of the owner and the animal suffers.