Llamas and Alpaca

ca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
We will be adding an alpaca to our two llamas. I am thinking I should feed them in separate stalls for a couple of weeks. Can they later be permanently kept together even during feeding?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
It depends on if the llamas will allow the alpaca to eat. We have a guard llama that we are able to feed with the alpacas but my previous guard llama had to be fed by herself because she wouldn't let anyone else eat.

ca

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
It depends on if the llamas will allow the alpaca to eat. We have a guard llama that we are able to feed with the alpacas but my previous guard llama had to be fed by herself because she wouldn't let anyone else eat.
Thanks Karen,
I got two alpacas so in case it does not work out with the llamas i still have a pair. They are fiber males. They are now in tehir own pen (arrived yesterday) next to the llamas. We'll see how they get along. So far so good. The alpacas have been around llamas but the llamas are not familiar with the alpacas.

Here they are: :love
3217_img_4880.jpg

Clyde (brown) and Monti (white). Both with papers. (Unlike the llamas where we really have no clue about their history).