LMP's 2019 Farrowing Thread: New babies from Lucy and Prissy

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
They froze... she didnt build a nest..10 perfect babies..:he scattered all around the stall.

Im just so mad...At so many different things.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:hit sad loss... guess a farrowing crate might have proven beneficial... shy of actually being there yourself to oversee... Sorry again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You weren't even expecting them yet. I am so sorry for the loss. I am sorry for her, the babies and you. Big hugs. You are a good piggy mommy, we all know that.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
One more baby this AM.. It hurts...a lot. Seeing Calliope so heartbroken and confused. I haven’t broken down like that in a long time. We are hurt both emotionally and finacially. We could have had 15 little ones but we only have two.. We have made such a commitment now and we are not going to give up. My dad and I talked and we will be putting Calliope back out with Atlas in the next few weeks. She will have some time to recover. And Maeja will also be going back out with him once she weans her babies. As farmers these kinds of losses happen to all of us, but every heartbreak comes with a valuable learning experience and lessons you won’t forget.

Thank you all for your kind replies. Im still hurting right now but I am focusing on the future. And for now I’ve got these two to snuggle on.
6009F79F-DA2D-450D-BCE2-D9C1F5DC91DB.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Big hugs. You've had a kick in the gut, but you are a farmer. Farmers take the hits, get up and get back in the game. You have every right to cry and grieve, heck, I cry over dead little lambs and grieve too. We cry, then we wipe our eyes, wash our face and start over. Breeding them back is a good idea, you will soon have lots of little piggies.