Loafing Shed Refurbish

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will be.

Now the sheep have been in for a day, I have a list of mods to make.
-I didn't realize the panel I used was 4"x6"x50". They can get their heads in and back out but I plan on redoing with 4"×4"×48" panel as I can.
-The old baby gate that I used to make hay feeder has too small of holes. They can't pull hay out easily.
-I am not coordinated enough to use caribiners as my door locks
-I need to readjust my water bucket hanging hooks because the boys made poop soup.🤦‍♀️

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poop soup! :lol: Yup, that's what they do. I just put water buckets on the ground. Easier to handle that way.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
The remodel continues... The doorway to the drylot pens is finished. Now I get to hammer all the tposts in to put up the panels.😭

The aisleway hopefully will work as sorting chute. Either inside pen can go to outside pens or straight ahead to aisle way. I plan on redoing the inside pens with 36" or 40" panels. That will allow me to reach over panels to do meds.

We'll see how my idea works out in reality. :lol:

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The remodel continues... The doorway to the drylot pens is finished. Now I get to hammer all the tposts in to put up the panels.😭
Hammer? Like really hammer the T-posts? Do you have a T-post driver? if not, go get one, vastly easier to use.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hopefully you'll be saving the booze for after the posts are in! ;)

If nothing else your arms and joints will be hammered when you've got all the posts in the ground. They make gas powered post pounders, I suspect a person using one of those is pretty well shaken, not stirred, after getting a lot of posts in.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Is there a way to make a tpost driver sound less like a cannon going ofd with every slam? I limited my driving to about 10 minutes which got 2 posts in but it's SO LOUD!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I suppose you could fill it with foam but that would sort of defeat the purpose ;) Shy of that, maybe wear some hearing protection like you would when mowing, etc?

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce I'm wearing earmuffs. I'm more worried about my new neighbors wanting to murder me! I make sure I stop with the noisy stuff before 8...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a store bought and a homemade driver. The homemade is heavier and makes a duller sound. The store bought is lighter and makes a loud clinking sound.

Latest posts