Loafing Shed Refurbish

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sigh... Last night I discovered the fall evening winds blow from the south east. That means they blow into the open east face of the shed. Another thing on my to do list- put up tarp.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s always something. T-post up a pallet, cover that and it will make a fine wind break. They are tougher than you think. Plus they are wearing wool coats. I bought two coats several years ago, almost just alike. One nylon outer for farm, one wool for nice. The wool coat is cozy, warm and wonderful. The nylon outer shell is cold, shields the wind and not much else. I should have gotten TWO wool coats and just abused one of them.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Almost have the outside pens ready to go. I just need to cut a few gate panels.

First thing tomorrow, I'm taking back the M12 oscillating tool I got. It doesn't have the chops to cut thru the 4"x4" panels. Started overheating after an hour and about 20 cuts of 6 gauge wire. The first blade was also dead. I'm going to trade out for the M18 angle grinder and a fire blanket. Must not set grass on fire...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Started overheating after an hour and about 20 cuts of 6 gauge wire.
Bolt cutters or angle grinder for that stuff. I got a cheap angle grinder at Harbor Freight, $15 on sale I think. I've gotten that and more service out if it and no issues to date.

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce I have the same angle grinder I think. The harbor freight corded oscillating tool did great on the panels by the house. However, nearest power is about 250 - 300 feet from the shed. We don't have a generator (yet) or that much extension cord. That's why I was trying a battery tool.