LocoYokel - Born in a Barn

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
(continued part 2: just popped top 5, please excuse any typos)
Gotta 'fess up about that tuff day I had... :hide:oops::hide
If you have been following the dogs wanted their own post, well... By DAWG they gonna get one! :old
I have FLEAS!!! (cover your ears kids) Bleepity Bleep Expletive Bleeping Expletive FLEAS!!! And if I got 'em then the dogs probably have them by now too... :thgo figure... :smack
It has been over 12 years, 2 hard floors, and a carpet ago that I had a flea problem. Yes, I just put new carpet in last year.:rant No, none of my dogs have been exposed other than what may have came by the fence... and that chijuajua that actually fit through the fence...:somad His name was Bone, he was wearing a cut-off hoody and it took his 'crew' 5 hours to find him, from directly across the street! I shoulda known that boy was trouble! (kinda sounds like one of my X's, now that I think about it o_O)
So by 7am I was washing EVERYTHING the dogs sleep on, vacuuming EVERY corner and crevice (O, the hair, Egads the HAIR!) and spraying it all down with Lemon Extract solution as I went. Washed all their bedding in hot water, WHAT? My 'new' free washer is an "energy saver", so the 'hot' wash translates to less than 'warm' now :he. At least it has a 'spin cycle' so no more hand wringing, which is better than the last two years. :) Whomever thunk that one up should be Strung Up! At least let me choose, :hu. Well, the price was right... and by 9:30 pm the dogs were even washed, if not dried.
Anyhows, it was a long day, I would have rather been mucking stalls. NOT a house mouse, never have been, and most of the house is in boxes right now anyway. We started the redo inside over a year ago but this rental of my folks needed to be done. They wanted to sell it, the last renters, who were supposed to buy it, left so we went to clean and paint and fell thru the bathroom floor... :ep. Ended up replacing not only that floor but all the foundation along that side of the house, jacking up and replacing flooring braces, restructuring interior walls and the list goes on. :sick I should be done with it tomorrow, I have threatened pics of this place when it got done so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

O, them dogs... their post is yet to come...

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Midnight Confessions: Vol. 1:
I am a bad barn mom. Came home and a baby bun was loose, one of my keepers. My hutches are inside my chicken run and the gate to the "hen pasture", aka my backyard, was closed. After some testing I have found some of my hook-n-eye latches tend to pop right back out. I have found open doors before on that hutch, I should have checked sooner.:mad: My baby bunz fell over 4 feet to the ground! Momma Ella and sibling were still in, the other 4 had already been weaned.:bow Got me some fixin' to do...
My hens hate me. For the past month they have had free range of their new pasture, aka my backyard, instead of just a few hours out every evening. The few days they have had to stay in their run they LOUDLY voice their displeasure and provide me with fewer eggs the following day or three. :smack I haven't told them yet that this will last until I get fencing up around my pool area... :duc
We still have a flea problem, and my poor puppies... no live fleas on them but the previous bites are SO itchy for them:hit. I know, I have them too... the dat is barely affected which is good. I have never bathed a cat and not about to start with this one! Borhiss may think he is a dog but nope, not going there... Eddy and Nelson seem to be clean which I would expect on the chin, the volcanic dust he bathes in would kill them lil' bloodsuckers quick. Nelson, however has all that super thick/long lionhead hair, and I want to bathe him about as much as Borhiss:hide. They live in a duplex, of which Nelson has the top floor. I think that is helping but he is getting a summer cabin to vacation in, aka a hutch in, you guessed it!, my backyard, until I get this under control. Poor wee wabbit! :(:lol::(

The remodel is still not finished. No hot water makes it hard to do that final clean up. The hot water tank got new wiring and breaker switch so electrician coming tomorrow to double check his work. Took my hot plate and a small kettle down today: only the tub, kitchen/bath/laundry room floors and a few windows are left. So close...:fl

O, yes, baby "keeper" is just fine. As soon as I find my glasses we will all know if it is a Clawd or Clawdia.... maybe, not my forte but I am working on it!:ep

20170502_185549.jpg

Last edited:

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Captain's Log: Stardate/Earth o4.14.17
Mothership Suki has been restocked for her third voyage.
Due to Fleet General Pookie's tribble trouble Fleet General FurNando did the inspection and gave an "All systems go."
The "Suki" has been stationed into permanent quarters in the new fleet barn. All future flights shall now originate from those co-ordinates.

Captain's Log: Stardate Earth 05.24.17
Starbase Barn: The Mothership Suki has once again failed in her mission. After a brief transmission on day 14 all communication was lost before her landing.
The Suki was closely examined while docked at day 27 of her mission, at which time she was found to have to have an external obstruction of debris in her rear propulsion engine.
This Captain is sure this was due to the Klingon Nation. Klingons are the most likely suspect responsible for the failure of the Suki's mission. Fleet General FurNando and the Mothership Suki herself both gave successful log reports at the time of her restocking which have been recorded here in Starbase Barn's records.
The failure of the Suki's mission shall not be taken into account at this time due to possible collusion of Klingon activity.
After removal of the debris and the fact of her new quarters having complete "galvi-net" substrate we here at Starbase Barn feel that the Suki is ready for another mission.
Starbase Barn and I, as Captain, do not recommend her decommissioning at this time due to external factors.
The Suki will be restocked and sent out again within 48 hours.

(Future transmissions for the Suki will now be posted in the Kindling Lounge, Deck 4.)

Last edited:

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
I figured since you read mine, I should read yours.
Love your barn rooster.
I think your fish Fluffy is a Fire Mouth, a type of South American Cichlid ?
I used to have one but mine wasn't that red .
Do you have any other fish?

LocoYokel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I think your fish Fluffy is a Fire Mouth, a type of South American Cichlid ?

He sure is! He is an only fish besides... spoiled brat kind. Fluffy likes to eat his pellets one at a time so it actually takes longer to feed him than it takes to feed all the other inside critters.:rolleyes: He is so aggressive and set in his ways that I can't add any other fish to his tank, even other cichlids.
My other tank is set up but empty, as are the 12 tanks I have stored out in the shop.:hide Thinking of GloFish for it. When I lived in town and couldn't have outside animals I went for "herds" of fish. Someday I hope to have the room to get some of those tanks up and running again.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
He sure is! He is an only fish besides... spoiled brat kind. Fluffy likes to eat his pellets one at a time so it actually takes longer to feed him than it takes to feed all the other inside critters.:rolleyes: He is so aggressive and set in his ways that I can't add any other fish to his tank, even other cichlids.
My other tank is set up but empty, as are the 12 tanks I have stored out in the shop.:hide Thinking of GloFish for it. When I lived in town and couldn't have outside animals I went for "herds" of fish. Someday I hope to have the room to get some of those tanks up and running again.

I used to have aquariums
Mostly SA cichlids
Had fire mouths Jack dympseys
Green terrors jewel fish