Lol yet another fencing thread

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought you had decided on this type of fencing....the electric sheep fencing.

1609079756032.png

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
There's a number of reasons... But mainly their employees are they are rude, staff turn over is high, they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground and the store is a disorganized train wreck.

Same for my local TSCs. They also don't order what I ask, they just ignore it or "forget" & I have to nag them every week until they do it. And then they may not call me when order arrives or worse, sell it out from under me when it should be held for me. Ugh.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same for my local TSCs. They also don't order what I ask, they just ignore it or "forget" & I have to nag them every week until they do it. And then they may not call me when order arrives or worse, sell it out from under me when it should be held for me. Ugh.
Order online, pay for it and pick up at local TSC. Easy. If a store orders it, it may or may not show up. If customer orders online, it shows up.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'd try this one first. It sounds like it would be the best one to stretch for a tight fence. @Mike CHS what say you?

Half of our fence is Red Brand and they didn't carry that particular fence when I got mine but half of our fence are from bekaert. I like the Gaucho because it's as strong as Red Brand, half the weight (so I can handle it alone) and the price is reasonable.

Edit to add that the Gaucho is not recommended for goats. I had forgotten and was thinking just sheep and cattle.

Last edited:

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
We use all stock fence... 48" tall, 6" upright stays, graduated from closer to further apart bottom to top. Works fine for the sheep with no horns, but a pain for the young rams that have horns at 2 months. Horses will put their feet in/on it and ride it down if they want... so I am not much help. But there are 2 guys here closeby with goats, running 50-100 meat goats and they also use the straight woven wire stock fence.... one uses the Gaucho, the other likes Red Brand. The high tensile has advantages and we like it okay in the woven wire type... but I think DS likes the red brand better. Bekaert has a good reputation here.

Latest posts