Look what we brought home today - LaMancha Doeling - Trip is in love..

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Well, I have the long eared Nubians. I always wanted a LaMancha, opposites you know. So we picked up this little girl. She is so sweet. She is 2 days shy of 2 weeks old and weighs 11.5 lbs. She came from Blue Ridge Dairy Goats and will be registered with the Name "Blue-Ridge ........"

She needs a name, any ideas? Her mother's name was Ava and her father's name was Cavalier.

I tricked my wife. She said no more goats and certainly not one with no ears. Well all it took was for her to hold her and she said, well if you must, lets take this one. ;) :D:D

And the great thing, is that the breeder will allow me to bring her there for a drive way breeding when she is ready.

wLaMancha_20130127b_zpsa4ce8de3.jpg

wLaMancha_201301273_zps45a01b75.jpg

wLaMancha_201301272_zpsb685d3be.jpg

rinksgi

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Look at her pose! Do you have a Daisy? Every goat owner needs a Daisy. We have a Daisy May.

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
rinksgi - We have a Daisy

At first my wife was wanting Bessie, because of a Children's book she read as a child. But the boys said no-way to Bessie, so now my wife is leaning towards "Blue-Ridge Ava's Ms. Katie" because this is "HER" goat. Not that she is feeding her, cleaning up her pen or anything, but she picked her out. When you hold the doeling and once she falls asleep, she makes these cute little moans if you pet her head just right.

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She certainly doesn't like her picture taken! Can't blame her, neither do I! Avoid it at all costs! She certainly is very pretty, what I could see of her. Congrats on the new acquistion. She's precious! :love

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:celebrate..Woo Hoo another Lamancha convert...She is certainly beautiful...Be prepared she will probably have more personality than the Nubians...While she can be mischevious and sometimes bossy I love my Lamancha...

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
bigmike - I actually had a LaMancha (my first dairy goat), but she got out and into a bag of chicken feed and by the time I got home, she was all but dead from blot. This little girl will not have that chance.

Catahoula - :hu What you talking about?

I promised my wife, this was the last purchase for 2013. We plan to keep all does from Aphrodite and maybe a buck from Aphrodite. Then Libby and Tilly will be bred for November babies.