Looking for advice.

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Hi
For the past day or so I noticed one of my 11 month old Kiko Doe's is acting different. She seems to stand off by herself, the other buck and doe have been flirting quite a bit. she seems to be distancing herself about 40% of the time. This morning she didn't come running for feed with the other two. I took some out to her and she ate it then came out for a bit. As I am writing this I heard a fuss outside the seven month old great Pyrenees was picking on her this is the 2nd time I caught the dog doing that, I smacked her on the but an put her on the chain. The doe went into the barn and is standing in the corner. I might add the Doe's eyes,poop and agility seem fine

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I'd be looking for other reasons she might be acting "off." I'd start with taking her temp. Stress of moving might have triggered something - also the stress of being a target for the dog might be in play also. Did the breeder have a recent fecal run?

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
She just started this a couple days ago.After speaking with the breeder I am pretty much convinced it's the dog picking on her. I took her out a few treats and a little bit of hay she responded well.

I think I'd be looking for other reasons she might be acting "off." I'd start with taking her temp. Stress of moving might have triggered something - also the stress of being a target for the dog might be in play also. Did the breeder have a recent fecal run?

FRED DESANTIS

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I would like to report everything is back to normal, she is out grazing with her pal's. I think the dog was a little to playful and freaked her out.