Looking for Hay - Central Indiana

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I have been able to find everything else I have needed for the goats so far except hay. Being new to the area I am not sure which feed stores carry hay. I need several bales of grass hay and some straw. Anyone know who carries and sells by the bale in the central Indiana area? I am just not set up for bulk hay purchases yet.

ETA: We are specifically in the Noblesville area.

Alice Acres

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Hay's not sold in feed stores (at least here in MN). And I bet if it was, it would be horridly marked up. (Like the little bags of hay for rabbits that cost $3!!) But, many stores have a bulletin board where people list stuff like hay for sale.
Also, check with your neighbors who have stock (but just realize that with this year's hay shortage they may be hesitant to disclose their hay source...but maybe it's not an issue by you). Or if you drive around ask farmers who grow it.
Check ads - craigslist is good in our area, although many areas have really bad luck w/ this.
Good luck!

Oakroot

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip on craigslist all. Don't know why it did not occur to me to check there. I have not had to purchase hay in ages and not since we moved from CA to the midwest. I was able to find both hay and straw at a good price locally. :D

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
TSC does carry it, but I sure wouldn't want to pay for it! (11$ a bale last time I checked!!)

BrownSheep

Lost in the flock
Reaction score
Feed store hay is always marked WAY up in my neck of the woods. We used to do the drive around and catch the farmer in the field deal but now our hay guy calls us.