Looking for Pictures of LaMancha / Nubian Crosses and your experience

ThreeBoysChicks

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
So we recently purchased a Registered LaMancha (Cara) and our Registered Nubian Buck (Trip). I am thinking I am going breed them when the time comes.

If you have experience with LaMancha / Nubian crosses, please share your experiences and any phots that you may have of the offpsring.

Straw Hat Kikos

The Kiko Cowboy
Reaction score
Catahoula said:
I thought LaMancha's ear less trait is a dominate trait...so I am guessing the kids would be ear less?
People say that but I've seen crosses that did NOT take the Lamancha ears so I'm not sure it is always dominant.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
I've seen LM x Nubs where one kid had perfect Nub ears, and one had gopher ears....and some where both have elf ears....
But never have I seen 'airplane ears' from the cross.

chubbydog811

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
What Roll Farm said. You will either get lamancha ears or Nubian ears. Usually not in between.
I had a nubian buck cover 2 sister Lamancha/Nubian. Kids looked exactly the same except for one had long ears, one had short. I covered a few other straight lamanchas as well, but got all short ears from them.

meme

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I have seen them with Lamancha ears and super long Nubian Ears. Never in between. They sure are cute!

Suburbanfarmer

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I don't know if this will help. We had a doe that was 1/2 ND, 1/4 Nubian, 1/4 Lamancha. She looked just like a mini Lamancha. She was bred to a ND buck and the baby looked like a larger ND (but then again the doeling was 3/4 ND and only 1/8 each Lamancha/Nubian).
-K

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
4150_dulce.jpg

Uh, I lied. Her first kids were the ones with air plane ears. A 100% Nigerian was the buck for those above.

The kids with the Nubian buck had the same ears she did.

4150_dulce2.jpg

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Someone is selling Lamancha/nubian mix on FB Dairy Goat for Sale page...one has long ears (but are not flat like normal nubian's) and the other has no ears.