Looking For Video/HowTo Suggestions!

rosti

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm currently creating a new channel in which I share useful information(What Is CAE? etc.) and how-to videos(How To Disbud a Goat etc.). It won't be solely for goats as I train dogs and raise other critters as well, but goats are where I have most education and experience, so it'll mainly be goats. Some of the ideas I have for videos are topics that I struggled to find information on when starting with goats, such as how to draw blood and fill out the lab paperwork, etc. What are some things you'd like to see or think would be extremely helpful for beginners to see? Again, it doesn't have to limited to goats, but also dogs, chickens, ducks, rabbits and maybe cows. Also, I'm wanting to do indepth videos where I talk about the why's and such, not just the How To, but I know attention spans usually don't extend beyond 4 minutes or so. Do you think it'd be helpful if I did two videos on every topic, one short and to the point, and one with much more, potentially useful details?

Thanks in advance!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, with my mini horses people (owners, esp new owners, buyers, etc) were always interested in things that needed to be handled...by them or another. Many apply to animals other than equine:

How to:
bathe & clip (for home & show)
Clean & trim feet
determine heat cycles
breed....traditional & AI
teach to lead, tie & stand
to milk
to groom
assist birthing -- if needed
look for signs of birthing -- entire process moving along
handle newborn -- what to expect, watch for, etc
imprinting newborns
give vaccinations
collect/preserve colostrum & milk
just a few things....for you to consider.

For me, I also had questions on training for hand breeding, cleaning stallions, sperm collection and so on.

Latest posts