Looking to get a milker for my heifer

Azriel

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I've beening checking out milkers for when my heifer freshens this spring. My plan is to leave the calf on her 24/7 at first and milk some out twice a day, and then maybe tieing them in the barn so they can see each other but not get together over night after the calf is a couple of weeks old. I would milk in the morning then let them together all day. If I could get her to take a 2nd calf that would be great, but don't know if she will have enough milk for that. I don't need a lot of milk, I would like to make butter, and right now use about 1 gal. of milk a week.
I have looked at the EZ Milker, UdderlyEZ and Ultimate EZ, and then I saw one on Ebay called the Electric Easy.
I would like to be able to milk 2 teats at a time, and I don't really like the way the quart bottles hang on the teats with the Ultimate EZ. Has anyone tried the electric Easy? It doesn't look like it has as much tubing as the EZ Milker, just wondering if it would actually have enough suction to do 2 teats at a time.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Check out the Henry Milker. I use the HM 2 (does 2 quarters at a time) my only complaint is that the tubes pop off really easily when it is cold.

We got our cow late last summer and I milked her until a week and a half ago. She's due in March and we are planning to follow a similar milking schedule to what you want to do.

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, but I hated using it in the fall/winter. When it's cold, the tubes like to get stiff and pop off just as you are getting started.

I used the HM for over a year before finding a vacuum pump and bucket to machine milk.