Looking to Purchase Cream Separator

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

Had a couple questions for y'all. I'm looking to purchase a cream separator ( I have dairy goats) next month but would like some input first. Where did you buy yours from? How much was it? What are the pros and cons of your separator?

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hi y'all!

Had a couple questions for y'all. I'm looking to purchase a cream separator ( I have dairy goats) next month but would like some input first. Where did you buy yours from? How much was it? What are the pros and cons of your separator?
I started a thread last Summer, about our cream separator, and it can be found here:

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/goat-milk-cream-separator.36349/

As an update to that thread, I still LOVE my cream separator! We have made extra, extra heavy cream, for butter making, and we have made whipping cream. We save the skim milk, that comes out of the 2nd spout, and give it to the dogs and cats.

A while back, I had nine gallons of milk, from our goats. We put that through the separator, with the setting for extra, extra heavy cream, and I ended up with a whole gallon of cream. I made 2 pounds of butter with 2 quarts and froze 2 quarts, for making butter later.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I started a thread last Summer, about our cream separator, and it can be found here:

https://www.backyardherds.com/threads/goat-milk-cream-separator.36349/

As an update to that thread, I still LOVE my cream separator! We have made extra, extra heavy cream, for butter making, and we have made whipping cream. We save the skim milk, that comes out of the 2nd spout, and give it to the dogs and cats.

A while back, I had nine gallons of milk, from our goats. We put that through the separator, with the setting for extra, extra heavy cream, and I ended up with a whole gallon of cream. I made 2 pounds of butter with 2 quarts and froze 2 quarts, for making butter later.

Wow, that is awesome!! Thank you so much! I'm excited and planning to surprise my folks with one. How long did yours take to ship? A friend of mine had to wait a month or two for theirs.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
How long did yours take to ship? A friend of mine had to wait a month or two for theirs.
To be honest, I don't remember how long it took to ship. However, I am pretty sure it didn't take one or two months. I asked DH how long he remembers and he says maybe a week or two. He wonders who your friend ordered from, and what model they ordered.

Did they order from SlavicBeauty on eBay? Did they order a model that isn't as common? I'm pretty sure SlavicBeauty has a corner on the market, and she brings her separators, to this country from Eastern Europe, somewhere.

I am thinking the electric, 100L model is one of her most popular models and she stocks up on them. So, she would have plenty on hand, here in the US, and it shouldn't take long to get them shipped.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good to know! Thank you!

I don't know what model they had but I do know that it was from out of country. I know out of country it can take a good month. I just like to have an idea of what to expect. : )

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Two ways to look at that... expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised when things go better than expected. or... Expect the best and then get totally peeved when things DON'T go as expected. Or, I guess you could kinda split the difference... ;) BTW... been meaning to ask you as if you shared it, I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention (or the old timers might have reared its head). Where in the great state of TX are you located? Sure would be great if you could meet up with us down the road a bit. Several of us over here in east TX get together every so often.

Pioneer Chicken

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Two ways to look at that... expect the worst and then be pleasantly surprised when things go better than expected. or... Expect the best and then get totally peeved when things DON'T go as expected. Or, I guess you could kinda split the difference... ;) BTW... been meaning to ask you as if you shared it, I obviously wasn't paying close enough attention (or the old timers might have reared its head). Where in the great state of TX are you located? Sure would be great if you could meet up with us down the road a bit. Several of us over here in east TX get together every so often.

True!

I don't think I've actually shared where in TX I live so you're good there! :) I'm just south of Dallas (I hope not too much longer- looking to move somewhere away from Dallas, with 10+ acres (really want to get some more livestock) within 45min from Ft/W). Anyway, that sounds awesome! I have already visited one BYH friend who also lives in TX. I just love the community and wisdom here but most especially the friends I make. <3

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Well, @Baymule lives in Lindale, just north of Tyler off I-20. @Devonviolet is about an hour north of her and I'm about 90 minutes NE of her in Mount Pleasant. I was supposed to host the next group grope at my place this past fall :hide Sorry... didn't come to fruition :( I'll try to make it up later this spring or early summer... I Promise! I helped @tressa27884 (along with DV and her DH) unload when she moved here from CA. She's over north of I-20 near Cooper. There have been some others from TX who have come and gone that I haven't/didn't get a chance to meet.

Just returned from meeting/visiting with @greybeard down north of Houston. I've been over to meet @CntryBoy777 in NW MS and hope to get over to meet @Mike CHS some time this year. Bought my first goats from @goatgurl up in AR and my LGD from @Southern by choice over in NC. I enjoy travel and meeting folks.

Sorry, didn't mean to "cream" your thread with excessive font... :oops: Hope you can join us at some point :)

Latest posts