Looking to rescue/ buy heard. HELP!!

MysticMtn

Just born
Reaction score
I will post some pictures and such after I sign the papers. I am trying to get a vet out there to take a look. I don't want to get too excited yet. I am more or less adopting the animals and assuming their cost.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm way late to this party but in answer to the question about letting them go unsheared through a 2nd winter (if it is still a question) - yes do it. I was gifted two 7 year old geldings October last year that had not been shorn since spring the PRIOR year. They did fine through the winter happily standing out in the snow. They would even be outside all night long though they have a door into the barn that is open 24 hours a day.

They were suffering through the summer before I got them though. They were HOT and only came out of their barn for pellets when we took care of them for 2 weeks in September while their owners were on vacation house hunting in Florida. Even after being sheared this past spring they stayed in the barn or just outside the north door in the shade during the day a lot through the summer.