Loquat Tree

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It got down to 22* last night, but warmed back up today. It is supposed to get cold again tonight, then warm back up. I didn't blanket the tree or do anything to it, it looks ok today.

If it sets fruit and is ready by February through April, then it's going to be pretty much a lost cause. Our weather will be too cold for it. It is out in the open, not up against a wall or solid structure. Last January we had snow, ice and it got down to 10 degrees.

Why do local nurseries sell fruit trees that have about as much chance of an ice cube on the sidewalk on a 100* day? :idunno

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I appreciate that honest opinion, lol! ;)
Fruit trees are alot of work, and you can only eat so much fruit...it's the fruit on the ground rotting , bugs and smell that got to me.....you got to keep picking the droppins up daily...yuck
Didn't mean to sound too negative, but that's my story n I'm stickin to it......lol

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's what I was looking for. They aren't terribly popular fruit trees - at least not around here. Just wondered if there was a reason for that and maybe there is!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
There ya go! I'm short of spaces to plant any more trees (as long as I have goats). So, I have to be very discriminating about what to plant. So far, the loquat tree isn't topping any list.

Latest posts