Lost Newborns

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about the lost kids :(

I would not breed her back asap, goats need time to recuperate. She will get over it soon anyway, her having kids 5 months down the road would be irrelevant. She would be well "over it" at that point.

If you have another doe kid with multiples you can try grafting a kid onto her. It may or may not work so that is something to keep in mind.

Nathan Justice

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Sorry about the lost kids :(

I would not breed her back asap, goats need time to recuperate. She will get over it soon anyway, her having kids 5 months down the road would be irrelevant. She would be well "over it" at that point.

If you have another doe kid with multiples you can try grafting a kid onto her. It may or may not work so that is something to keep in mind.
Since she is a Nubian they only breed once a year anyhow.. But even if she bred more than that I wouldn't wanna breed her back honestly..

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss, and for the loss of your doe. I can only imagine how awful it must be to see her suffer like that. :hit

Is she a first freshener? When are the other does due? If they have multiples and if she is still mourning when the next doe has her kids, maybe putting one of those kids, with her will help.

Latest posts