Lost pig

cjc

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
People can definitely steal animals, catching a pig can be a nightmare though! I wouldn't put it past a coyote though...we've had bigger animals stolen and carried over fences by coyotes. I would assume you would find traces of blood though. Usually if its a coyote you will find the bladder or stomach nearby...

Green Acres Farm

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
We had several rolls of unused fencing stolen from one of our pastures. Someone would have had to climb the 4+ foot vinyl fencing and somehow carried those heavy rolls out.

Rolls of HEAVY fencing don't just disappear...

Just shows you what people are willing to do...:somad

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about your pig. Hopefully she got out and will come back, but it sounds like somebody stole her. :he

Welcome to the forum, stick around, we are a friendly bunch.

dantenerotitus

Just born
Reaction score
I also sincerely doubt predation or that she went on a voluntary walkabout. The craigslist ad is a good idea. Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. While it doesn't bring her back, it's nice to know that you all understand my sadness and frustration. Poor Francis.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry about your pig? She wasn't pregnant was she? Maybe she went off somewhere for privacy? Just a hope!

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
We do understand the pain of losing an animal, it is nice to have friends to share that with, even if they are online friends. I would try and get a trail cam up as whoever took her may come back for the others.

I am looking at some land adjacent to be and would be raising a pig and possibly a calf on it and I worry more about human predation than I do 4 legged ones.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also sincerely doubt predation or that she went on a voluntary walkabout. The craigslist ad is a good idea. Thanks, everyone, for your feedback. While it doesn't bring her back, it's nice to know that you all understand my sadness and frustration. Poor Francis.
Yes we do understand. You are not alone. We also understand those hugely happy moments when your animals do something stupendous. You start telling your friends about it and they get glassy eyed and move away...... Well, WE don't! We will gush over your animals just a bad as you do. We will grieve with you when things go wrong. Yes, we really do understand and you can come here any time, good or bad, we got'cher back!

Latest posts