Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have been experimenting with low carb recipes and posting them in our journal but it was suggested I start a stand-alone thread for them which I think is a good idea and a better way to share. If anyone has any that they would like to share please feel free to add them here.

Low Carb Crepes
Ingredients:
1 tsp vanilla
4 eggs
4 oz cream cheese or cottage cheese.
1/8th cup butter
Sweetener (we used 1 tsp of Splenda

Directions:
  1. Blend all ingredients (we use a hand blender)
  2. Pre-heat small 6” skillet lightly oiled with olive oil or coconut oil
  3. Pour ¼ of the mix into the skillet over medium heat and cover with a lid
  4. Leave for 60-90 second, turn over and leave for another 60-90 seconds.

5. Filling: we used a sugar free cherry pie filling mixed with some cottage cheese
Approximately 4 grams of carbs

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woo Hoo! Thanks for this!

Here's one:

KETO COCONUT PANCAKES

¼ cup butter, melted

¼ heavy cream

1 packet stevia (or 2 tsp erythritol)

¼ tsp salt

3 eggs

1/2 tsp vanilla

¼ cup coconut flour

½ tsp baking powder

Makes 7 pancakes. Each pancake:74 cal, 2.2g protein 1.6g carbs, .8 fiber, 6.5g fat

Mix 1st 6 ingredients, then add flour and baking powder until no lumps remain.

Pour 1/4 cup per pancake. Cook about 1 minute on each side until bubbles start to rise and edges are lightly browned.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Low Carb Gumbo Recipe

Yield: 7 cups, approximately
Carbs 8 grams for 1 cup without the diced tomatoes and 12 grams with them.
We only use our own processed tomatoes (so no sugar or salt) but most commercial items will have some sugar.

Ingredients
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup chopped, raw, yellow onions
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
  • 4 cups okra (fresh or frozen)
  • 1 (11 oz.) smoked andouille sausage, sliced
  • 1 lb. shrimp (I used frozen, uncooked which I thawed at home)
  • 1 tbsp. low carb Creole seasoning (or more to taste)
  • 2 tsp. File powder (optional)
  • 2 large bay leaves
  • 3 cups chicken broth, no sugar added
  • 16 ounce can of diced tomatoes (optional)
Instructions
  1. In a medium to large soup pot, use 1 tbsp of the oil (premeasure the 1/2 cup and just use a little from that) to saute the onion, celery and bell peppers until the onions are translucent.
  2. Add the sausage and shrimp and saute for about 2 more minutes.
  3. Stir in the file powder, then add the bay leaves, chicken broth remainder of oil and creole seasoning.
  4. Bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer.
  5. Cook for about 10-15 minutes, or until the broth has reduced enough to become slightly thickened from the file powder
  6. Cool and serve.
Note: Cooking okra at a higher temperature helps to reduce the 'slime' factor is that is an issue and the tomatoes also reduce it.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll be making these tonight so I can start Monday on a sweet note. :)

Keto Low Carb Paleo Blueberry Muffins Recipe with Almond Flour

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a muffin pan with 12 silicone or parchment paper muffin liners.

2. In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder and sea salt.

3. Mix in the melted coconut oil, almond milk, eggs, and vanilla extract. Fold in the blueberries.
  4. Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Bake for about 20 minutes, until the top is golden and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Nutrition Facts

Calories 217
Fat 19g
Protein 7g
Total Carbs 6g
Net Carbs 3g
Fiber 3g
Sugar 2g

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
These all look really good. However, I can’t eat any sugar alcohols (white artificial sweeteners, including mannitol, erythritol, nurti-sweet, splenda, aesulfame potassium :eek: [nasty stuff], and Stevia in the Raw). The only low calorie sweetener I can have is the REAL stevia, made from actual stevia leaves.

I generally don’t eat sweets. Only the occasional bite or two off DHs plate. I would much rather have SALT any day!!! :drool Well, that and a good sourdough bread with real butter!!! :drool :celebrate

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last summer I had some stevia plants, and made stevia drops by steeping dried stevia in water and straining. It doesn’t take much to give a slight sweetness to food and drinks.

I bought some stevia seeds and plan to start lots of seedlings, to grow in my garrden. I also want to sell stevia plants at farmer’s market.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have two planters outside my front door with stevia plants in them. Even when /if they freeze back they always resurrect themselves in the spring. If I can get some to root I'd be glad to send you some @Mike CHS. They're pretty straggly right now so it might be spring before it would be safe to mail them - but keep it in mind and if you want some I'll ship them your way.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have two planters outside my front door with stevia plants in them. Even when /if they freeze back they always resurrect themselves in the spring. If I can get some to root I'd be glad to send you some @Mike CHS. They're pretty straggly right now so it might be spring before it would be safe to mail them - but keep it in mind and if you want some I'll ship them your way.

I will take you up on that. We saved seed from our plants for years but after starting in Tennessee that kind of fell on the back burner.

Latest posts