Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Try the crust with the egg in it, then decide which way you like it. I have used that recipe to bake small rounds, then piled ground meat, lettuce and cheese on them.
Okay, I tried the crust with an egg in it. It turned out good. But I think I liked it better without the egg. :thumbsup

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Potato Salad

I had a taste for some potato salad to go with some pork shoulders I have on the smoker but I didn't want the calories with Mayo. I made a dressing sort of based on a German Potato Salad recipe but there again I didn't want the high calories. German Potato Salad that I'm used to is served hot and uses bacon fat along with vinegar and mustard as a base.

I made my dressing using red wine vinegar, olive oil and Dijon mustard. The amounts don't seem to matter but I used more olive oil than red wine vinegar and approximately 3 tbs of the Dijon. I added some garlic salt, pepper and wound up adding some Splenda. It is a tasty substitute and I may try it over some steamed cauliflower to see how that works.

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule had DH & I over, to celebrate the 4th, along with neighbors, who live next door. We had a great time, and the highlight of the visit was low carb buns for the Wilber/Ramburgers! Since I went Keto, I have been eating "bunless" burgers. So, this was a real treat for me. Bay sent home the remaining two low carb buns, and DH and I cooked burgers on the grill tonight. M-m-m!!!
IMG_20190705_185725092.jpg

Last edited: