Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mostly I eat without the bun. I don't eat many burgers or hot dogs, so IF I buy buns they just go to the chickens and from freezer, not tasty. Maybe vac seal would help but, just don't eat many burgers as "burger on a roll". And I'm not on Keto! :D
Those buns do look good...no matter the make up.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Bun recipe

2 cups shredded mozzarella
4 ounces cream cheese
3 large eggs
3 cups almond flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
2 tablespoons melted butter

Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large microwave safe bowl, melt together mozzarella and cream cheese. Add eggs and stir to combine then add almond flour, baking powder and salt.

Form dough into 6 balls and flatten slightly, then place on prepared baking sheet. Brush with butter. Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly, cut in half with bread knife.

This can be modified to be shaped like a hot dog bun.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
All the talk about bacon on the forum got me to wanting a BLT. I didn't want to use bread so I used lettuce as the wrap. Good!

Low carb BLT.JPG

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We are getting some huge bell peppers so we had Stuffed Bell Peppers with Parmesan Yellow Squash tonight. The squash is about as simple as it gets and always tastes great. All it has in the recipe is sliced squash rounds, sprinkles garlic salt and pepper on the rounds, then spoon some freshly shredded Parmesan over each of the round. Baked at 425 for about 15 minutes and can be under the broiler for a couple of minutes if you like it browned more.

What's nice is that everything came from our place.
Stuffed bell peppers and baked parmesan squash.JPG

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That looks awesome! Especially as I sit here and munch on a celery rib with pimento cheese...:(

Let me help you -- celery is very good for you!! That's all I got...:lol: Enjoy :clap

Yesterday, a gentleman was looking for some Mama ?? -- premade pizza rounds and ask me where they might be. I was working in WM...directed him there. No, wanted a Cauliflower/cheese one. I said, you must be on Keto!? He said yes, I've lost 35 lbs in a year, so staying on it.

For those on this type eating...it does work. :clap

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
My oldest son is on keto and has lost over 50 lbs thus far....he LOVES keto. It's pretty much the way men like to eat anyway, so it comes natural for him.

Us women seem more prone to carb consumption(chocolate, chips, bread and such), so it's harder for us. For me, keto is impossible as it can't be done with my pseudo gout/gout issues, lactose intolerance, etc.

I'm using intermittent fasting, exercise and portion control....lost 86 this past year but gained some back recently. Can't afford to do that, so kicking it back into gear to lose that....again.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been off the keto for awhile, just watching what we eat. We have leveled off, need to get back to work and finish losing what we want gone.

Latest posts