Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made pizza tonight. Grilled chicken, spinach, mushrooms in Alfredo sauce topped with mozzarella. Yummy!

F4217C7C-B426-427D-898B-5764CEC5A265.jpeg

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back in January, I decided to take the plunge and go 100% low carb. It took a while to get totally on track, but I used MyFitnessPal.com and listed EVERYTHING I ate. Eventually (months down the road) I got to the point that I could put together a day's worth of food, and stay low carb. Some days I was more successful than others, and I had long stretches where I didn't lose any weight. However, I stuck it out, because I had decided that this is a low carb lifestyle for my health, wether or not I lose weight.

Over time I would lose a pound or two here and there. However those few pounds add up and I have lost a total of 48 pounds. :celebrate

ETA: Earlier, @Beekissed said how hard it is for women to lose weight, because if cravings for breads and sweets. I too used to crave sweets (although I would much rather have salt than sugar.) I found that once I had cut my carbs way back, the craving for sugar went away.

As far as being lactose intolerant, it does make it harder to follow a low-carb diet, because eating cheese and dairy products is an easy way to cut carbs and feel satisfied. It is doable though. It just takes some experimenting, to find out what foods satisfy you that are low in carbs. It did take me a while to figure that out. Now I have my go-to snacks, that I can eat when I'm hungry but don't know what to eat.

One thing I don't do on my low-carb lifestyle, is to eat keto desserts. They usually have artificial sweeteners of some sort, and artificial sweeteners are not good for you and they can cause craving for sweets.

Last edited:

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made pizza tonight. Grilled chicken, spinach, mushrooms in Alfredo sauce topped with mozzarella. Yummy!

View attachment 65072
So, it seems great minds think alike. :) While @Baymule was making low carb pizza, I was making low carb hamburger buns using the same recipe. :D
IMG_20190808_152755672.jpg

Here was the finished product:
IMG_20190808_172934812.jpg

It was absolutely delicious!!!

Last edited:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet, congrats on the weight loss!! That's a lot. I bet you do feel better. Hey, nice reason to buy new clothes.:)

You mention lactose intolerance. Do you still use your goat milk? It does work for some with this issue as the lactase in it helps, plus small globules, etc. I know you make cheeses, etc.
And you drink kefir...

Latest posts