Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tonight I made the recipe that I posted above. It has earned a permanent place in our recipe rotation. For those that don't enjoy salmon- I think it would be equally good with chicken- maybe even pork medallions.

I served it over spaghetti squash. You might want to adjust the seasonings to your own taste.

E8B0C118-DB48-4D58-94E4-1DD94C690A81.jpeg

Last edited:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had baked pork chops, cheesy cauliflower rice and mixed vegetables tonight. The chops were thick enough that neither of us ate more than half of one.

The pork chops were seasoned with smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic salt and pepper and placed in the fridge uncovered for two hours. Then baked at 400 degrees and they turned out juicy and tender.
Pork chops and cauliflower rice.JPG

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came home from work to find DH in the kitchen, chopping and mixing like a man possessed. But it was worth it - he made a delicious frittata.
upload_2019-10-21_19-28-18.jpeg

Copied the pic from the website - cuz we forgot to take a pic! (but his looks just like it)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congratulations. It seems to always be a yoyo but you win in the end if you keep at it. :)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We used up some of the green tomatoes and made this recipe yesterday. We had to dip the slices in the egg and then the flour twice to get a good enough coverage but they were tasty. We didn't have the seasoning called for but added some lemon & pepper spice to some Old Bay and it worked.

Oven-Fried Green Tomatoes with Sriracha-Ranch Dipping Sauce

Ingredients:
  • 6 green tomatoes, sliced about 1/2 inch thick
  • 3/4 cup Honeyville Blanched Almond Flour (If you only have almond meal, I would buzz in food processor to make it finer)
  • 2 tsp. Old Bay Lemon and Herb Seasoning (or any spicy seasoning mix; use more or less to taste)
  • 2 eggs, beaten well
  • 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing
  • 1-2 tsp. Sriracha Rooster Sauce (start with 1 tsp. and taste to see if you want it more spicy)

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350F/180C. Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
  2. Cut the tomatoes into slices about 1/2 inch thick. (We used the flat inner pieces and discarded the ends of the tomatoes with rounded edges.) Beat the eggs in a small bowl. In another bowl, mix the almond flour and Old Bay Seasoning. Remove and save half of the almond flour mixture, so you can work with two batches.
  3. One at a time, dip both sides of each tomato slice into the egg and then into the almond flour mixture, using the fork or your fingers to press the almond mixture on to the tomato slice so it sticks. Place each tomato on the baking sheet after it’s coated with the almond flour mixture. (Don’t worry if they aren’t completely perfect; just work on getting each one coated with almond flour as much as you can.)
  4. Bake tomatoes 35-40 minutes, turning carefully once. While the tomatoes bake, mix together the ranch dressing and Sriracha sauce to make the dipping sauce. The baked tomatoes are done when the almond mixture is lightly browned on each side and tomatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.
  5. I saved some of these to see how they would hold up to a night in the refrigerator. I reheated them about 15 minutes in a preheated toaster oven set on 450F/230C. Although they were best freshly made, I thought the reheated ones were surprisingly good.