Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike you said Teresa can't eat bread because she is allergic to the yeast. Have y'all ever tried Irish Soda Bread? it uses soda instead of yeast and makes a good loaf of bread. It wouldn't help you because it is not low carb, but it might help her. There are recipes for it all over the net.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We did steaks on the grill tonight and had oven cooked fries from a rutabaga. The tracker site shows them as fairly high carb but none of any of the other sites show it that way. In fact most sites even highlight them because of uses similar to potatoes but at a low carb level. The list below is pretty much the consensus among other sites. I have been eating several small meals for the last three weeks or so and most of what's on my plate got put away for another meal. I think I'll give up on rutabaga as a potato substitute. Teresa liked them but I didn't care for the lack of taste or the texture. I may give them another go under the broiler for a bit so we'll see.

Rutabaga Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 cup, cubed, raw (140 g)
Per Serving
% Daily Value*
Calories
Calories from Fat 2.3
Total Fat 0.3g 0%
Saturated Fat 0g 0%
Polyunsaturated Fat 0.1g
Monounsaturated Fat 0g
Cholesterol 0mg 0%
Sodium 28mg 1%
Potassium 472mg 13%
Carbohydrates 11.4g 4%
Dietary Fiber 3.5g 14%
Sugars 7.8g
Protein 1.7g
Vitamin A 0% · Vitamin C 58%
Calcium 7% · Iron 4%

Surf & turf.JPG

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stupid computer. It wouldn't post, wouldn't post, wouldn't post, then it did. multiple times.
:lol: Thought you were stuttering. :gig

ETA: Did you know you can click on the “Delete” button next to the Edit button at the bottom of your post? It opens a window, in which you can put a one or two word reason for delete and it will delete the unwanted post. I usually just put “duplicate post”.

Last edited:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
I dont give a reason. I just say out loud, " because I said so." and hit delete. :bunny

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
:lol: Thought you were stuttering. :gig

ETA: Did you know you can click on the “Delete” button next to the Edit button at the bottom of your post? It opens a window, in which you can put a one or two word reason for delete and it will delete the unwanted post. I usually just put “duplicate post”.
Yeah, I know. But I have also had them ALL disappear and didn't want to fool with it.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I found a bread recipe that works for me. It uses more egg yolks than Teresa cares for so I'll try it again using mostly egg whites. I couldn't find the loaf pan so I used a small parchment paper lined skillet to bake it so I didn't get as much rise as I would have gotten otherwise. I tried several recipes that didn't call for pysillium husks but they just didn't have the bread texture that I was looking for.
Almond flour bread.JPG
almond flour bread2.JPG

If you try it let us know how you liked it.

Easy Low Carb Bread Recipe - Almond Flour Bread (Paleo, Gluten-free)
This almond flour bread may be the best low carb bread recipe yet! The texture is just like wheat bread.

Servings: 18 1/2" thick slices
Author Maya Krampf from WholesomeYum.com

Ingredients
  • 2 cup Blanched almond flour
  • 1/4 cup Psyllium husk powder
  • 1 tbsp Gluten-free baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp Sea salt
  • 4 large Egg (beaten)
  • 1/4 cup Coconut oil (measured solid, then melted)
  • 1/2 cup Warm water
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line the bottom of a 9x5 in (23x13 cm) loaf pan with parchment paper.
  2. In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, psyllium husk powder, baking powder, and sea salt.
  3. Stir in the eggs and melted coconut oil, then finally the warm water. Try to mix it well to create air bubbles.
  4. Transfer the batter to the lined baking pan. Smooth/press the top evenly with your hands, forming a rounded top.
  5. Bake for 55-70 minutes, (until center reaches 200 degrees) until an inserted toothpick comes out clean and the top is very hard, like a bread crust. (Important: It will pass the toothpick test before it's completely done, so make sure the top is very crusty, too.) Cool completely before removing from the pan.

Nutrition Facts
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.
Calories 123
Fat 10g
Protein 4g
Total Carbs 5g
Net Carbs 2g
Fiber 3g
Sugar 1g