Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
We made some oven fried chicken tonight and I was pleased with the taste. We made a dip out of egg white, sour cream and Dijon mustard and then dipped the pieces in almond flour. Just as the chicken was done, we put them under the broiler for several minutes to crisps them up a bit and it made an excellent tasting low carb chicken.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Leftover roast became sort of Lamb Stroganoff. We shredded some leftover lamb roast and made a sauce out of package brown gravy with a bit of sour cream and some canned sliced mushrooms. Spooned a bit of the mix over a piece of paleo bread for a tasty low carb lunch.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is a really great side dish.

Marinated cauliflower
M – I made this using Sushi ginger cut up, Greek Yogurt and turmeric and cut the cauliflower into quarters. I also added about 1/2 cup of water to the marinade. It is good marinated for an hour but even better over night.

Ingredients
  • 1 cauliflower
  • 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
  • 1 tsp onion powder
  • 1 tbsp curry powder or turmeric
  • 1 lemon, the juice
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • ½ cup Greek yogurt or coconut milk
  • 4 tbsp fresh parsley or fresh cilantro, finely chopped
  • 4 oz. melted butter or olive oil
Instructions
  1. Remove the leaves. Put the cauliflower head in a plastic bag.
  2. Mix together lemon juice, spices and yogurt. Pour over the cauliflower. Let sit in the fridge for at least an hour, or marinate overnight for maximum tastiness.
  3. Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
  4. Remove the cauliflower from the plastic bag and place in a baking dish.
  5. Bake for approximately 45–60 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft inside and has a nice color on the outside.
  6. Pour melted butter or oil on top, and sprinkle on finely chopped cilantro or parsley right before serving.
Per serving
Net carbs: 13 % (6 g)
Fiber: 4 g
Fat: 80 % (18 g)
Protein: 8 % (4 g)
kcal: 204

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use this marinade for steaks or lamb cuts that need some tenderizing. I try to marinate for a couple days for tougher cuts but for cuts like Ribeye, overnight does it.

Savory Garlic Marinated Steaks

"This marinade adds a great flavor to these already tender steaks. The final result will be so tender and juicy, it will melt in your mouth.
Ingredients:
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ground black pepper 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
1 pinch cayenne pepper
2 (1/2 pound) rib-eye steaks

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, mix the vinegar, soy sauce, garlic, honey, olive oil, ground black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, salt, liquid smoke, and cayenne pepper.
2. Place steaks in a shallow glass dish with the marinade, and turn to coat. For optimum flavor, rub the liquid into the meat. Cover, and marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 days.
3. Preheat grill for medium-high to high heat.
4. Lightly oil the grill grate. Grill steaks 7 minutes per side, or to desired doneness. Discard leftover marinade.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Going to the freezer to get out the rib-eyes. Sounds too good to pass up and I think I have everything the recipe calls for.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Two thumbs up on the marinade! If I had more thumbs it would be more. It' really good. I even used it on some chicken that I had thawed out that needed to be cooked. I was a little afraid it would be too strong for the chicken - but it was delicious.

Thanks so much for posting it!