Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anti low carb day!

Kroger had their spiral hams on a good sale so we bought and cooked two of them to add to the freezer for lunch meats. I love ham and beans so I to use the two big soup bones, I made up a big batch. The recipe I use is a great one

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anti low carb day!
Sometimes you just have to, lol.

DH cooked last night - not a normal occurrence for him - but he did good! He cooked up some pork sausage with onions and red peppers, added a can of black beans and topped it with cheese and jalapenos. A dollop of sour cream when served and called it done. Simple - but tasty and a confidence builder for him, lol.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I made chicken-spinach alfredo sauce pizza one night last week. I used the pizza dough from the Fathead Pizza.

For the crust:

• 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • 2 ounces cream cheese
  • 2/3 cup almond flour
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tsp Italian seasoning
  1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. Make pizza crust: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine two cups shredded mozzarella and cream cheese and microwave until melty, about one minute. Stir in almond flour, egg, and Italian seasoning until fully combined.
  3. Place pizza dough on prepared baking sheet. Using wet hands, spread the dough into an oval shape as thin as dough will allow. Bake 10 minutes.
  4. Use a fork to poke holes in the dough if it has puffed up. Spread alfredo sauce over crust and top with chicken breast, mushrooms, onion and spinach. sprinkle 1/2 to 1 cup shredded mozzarella or your favorite cheese.
  5. Bake until cheese is melty, four to six minutes. Let cool slightly before slicing into eight pieces.
My instructions:
I cubed up chicken breast, I used a half breast because I raised the CCX and I let them get big, had 6 pound carcasses. So a half breast is MORE than enough. LOL.

1 cubed chicken breast
1 small piece fresh ginger, grated (about a 1/2" piece)
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil

4-5 fresh mushrooms, sliced
1 cup fresh spinach
1/2 cup chopped onion

Alfredo sauce
3/4 cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons butter
4 cloves garlic, grated
1/2 cup Parmesan

Saute the chicken until done, set aside.
You can saute the mushrooms and onion if you want, I don't

Alfredo sauce
Heat the butter over medium heat in a sauce pan until melted. Add heavy cream and garlic. Heat cream until almost to a boil, but do not let it boil. Remove from heat and stir in Parmesan. Let it set a couple of minutes, it will thicken up. Stir again and ladle over the pizza crust.

Now, it that clear as mud? This makes a killer pizza. I don't know the calories, carbs or anything else-and don't care. LOL

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I could get accustomed to DH learning to cook. I had a package of ground pork from a couple of pigs ago that was thawed out and needed to be cooked. I suggested that we sauté it up with some garlic and onions. Then we scrambled about a half-dozen eggs into the mix. His idea was an addition of HOT Rotel tomatoes, well drained. Topped it all with grated cheddar. Simple but satisfying. He's gonna make a good cook!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you cook your leg of lamb to well done until you can stick a fork in it and twist it? I have done the timing, to medium rare and while it is good, we like the leftovers in a stew better. I cook a beef or pork roast until it is falling apart, just wondering if I am missing something here.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
4 days in a row I weighed 136 pounds. This morning I weighed 135.8 pounds. On my way to my target weight of 130 pounds. When I get there, I’m gonna have to buy new blue jeans. They are baggy now, got a serious case of Droopy Drawers. When I hit 130 I’ll probably graduate to Plumbers Butt. Can’t have my shiny hiny hanging out like a full moon!