Low Carb/Keto Recipe Thread

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
I refuse to use coconut or almond "milk" in any of my low carb recipes. Cream is just fine with me. Chevre cheese is 0 carbs per ounce so I use it in place of all cream cheese.

I have been doing a keto diet for almost two weeks. Can't say that I am losing any weight...about 5 lbs, but it does make DH eat better since he cooks for me most of the time.

I don't know that I will have any recipes to share since I don't cook. The only thing I make is fat bombs.

@Devonviolet What about monk fruit as a swweetner?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
These recipes are sounding good. We are going to start a keto diet pretty soon. We both gained weight and don't like packing around the extra pounds. I ordered a couple of recipe books last night.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have never followed a strict keto diet but my 'normal' way of eating is pretty close. Teresa needs the carbs but she can eat half again more than I do and not put on an ounce. We have just adjusted our meals so I have my protein and low carb side while she has her pasta, rice or potato. :)

I have already lost 10 of the 20 pounds or so that I want to get rid of so it works for me and oon't have the cravings once I get used to it again.

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
The first few days on keto was tough, I had a horrible headache but not so much the cravings. I probably don't eat enough and that is why I don't lose weight like some do on this diet. When I set my mind to something I can be pretty stubborn so I eat almost no carbs until dinner and then it isn't much and ones that I do eat are vegetables. I did cheat last Sunday for my son's birthday and I was worried that I would start the withdrawals all over again, but I didn't have any problems. But other than the one cheat day I have been faithful but sure not losing weight like some people do. Intermittent fasting is supposed to help too...8 PM- 11 AM and I eat breakfast too early in the morning to that.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike's note: I have made this a couple of different ways although it is good as written. You can play with the ingredients depending on your preference. We can our own sugar free ketchup and tomato paste so that changes it quite a bit. I have my own meat loaf recipe that I'll post at some point. I have made this one as written and also turned it into more of a traditional loaf recipe.

Bell Pepper Lamb Loaf

https://www.westforkfarms.com/recip...HzUsCgitssgIaKyH5rTxsyXBKU9YuvcEhaNtqdQfpCiV8

If you like meat loaf, then this is a sure fire knock it out of the park never eat regular meatloaf again recipe. Love it!

Servings: 6 people
Calories: 386 kcal

Ingredients
  • 1 pound ground lamb
  • 3 each bell peppers, red and yellow
  • 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
  • 1 each egg lightly beaten
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 each Onion, finely chopped
  • 1/2 tsp thyme leaves, chopped
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp tomato paste
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 cup ketchup
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • 2 cups Shredded Monterey Jack
  • 1 tbsp Fresh parsley, for garnish
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350° and line a medium baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut ends off peppers and set aside. Remove seeds and slice peppers into 2” thick rings. Place on prepared baking sheet.

In a large bowl, combine ground lamb with bread crumbs, egg, Worcestershire sauce, onion, thyme, garlic and tomato paste. Season with salt and pepper and stir until combined. Fill each pepper with meatloaf mixture.

In a small bowl, whisk together ketchup and brown sugar and brush on tops of meatloaf. Bake for 35 minutes, then top with cheese, and bake 5 to 10 minutes more, or until cheese is melty. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Nutrition
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 387mg | Potassium: 264mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 9% | Vitamin C: 3.2% | Calcium: 29.8% | Iron: 9.9%

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mike's note: If you want something a little different, this is a good one and is a taste that we enjoyed. Teresa cooked this one and she said the spices can be a little over powering so add a bit at a time. Our pressure cooker takes to long to get up to heat so we also browned the meat and the veggies in a skillet then added them to the cooker. The original recipe had potatoes so we changed the recipe to show cauliflower. We have cooked it all together but prefer our already cooked cauliflower that we cook and store in the freezer.

Arabian Lamb Stew Recipe

Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes

Servings 3

Ingredients
  • 1 pound cubed lamb
  • 1 large onion chopped
  • 1 large head of cauliflower cut into large cubes
  • 3 garlic cloves minced
  • ¼ cup tomato paste
  • Salt to taste
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 3 whole cardamom, ground
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon powder
  • 3 whole cloves, ground
  • ½ teaspoon cumin
  • Mike - added beef flavor (boullion or cubes)
  • Oil
Instructions
  1. In a pressure cooker, add oil and when hot add the onion and fry until translucent.
  2. Add the lamb and stir on medium heat until the lamb has light brown patches.
  3. Add the spices and the garlic. Stir for one minute.
  4. Add the tomato paste and water, let it come to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cover the pressure cooker.
  5. Keep the heat on medium-high, and after the first whistle, reduce heat to low and let it cook for 15 minutes.
  6. Turn off heat, and leave the pressure cooker to release the steam and pressure completely. Do not attempt to open the pressure cooker at this point it’s dangerous.
  7. Your lamb stew is ready to serve or serve over cauliflower rice.
No nutrition information but it is low and probably less than 7g per cup serving.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pan Broiled Lamb Chops Recipe
A simple marinade gives these lamb chops an elegant taste.
Mike's note: Did per the recipe the first time except I used Garlic salt instead of adding salt and garlic powder – This was Restaurant quality

The second time I did I cooked the chops on the stove top till about half done then finished on the Weber to cook off the fat – super good and company loved them. This also a great recipe for pork chops.

Ingredients
8 medium lamb chops (more if very small)
1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh rosemary (substitute 1/2 teaspoon dried )
Garlic powder and parsley to taste – I use bought Garlic Spread seasoning which is garlic, salt and parsley
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 cloves garlic
1/2 white wine or I also use Mirin

Container: 12 inch heavy bottomed skillet

Directions

Trim all excess fat from 8 to 12 (depending on their size) lamb chops. Note: if you are going to finish on a grill, leave enough fat on to get a good sear on the grill.

Prepare the marinade: Chop the rosemary and mince or press the garlic. Using a mortar and pestle, or small bowl and the back of a spoon, mash together the chopped rosemary and pressed garlic.Add soy sauce and olive oil. Rub this mix all over the chops and let stand 1/2 hour to 2 hours.

Lightly film a skillet with canola oil over medium-high heat. Pat the chops dry with a paper towel - they won't brown well if they aren't dry.

When the pan is hot (a drop of water sizzles and evaporates instantly), add the chops without crowding. (Cook in two batches if they would otherwise crowd the pan.) Cook at medium-high heat for 2 or 3 minutes, or until browned. Turn chops and brown the other side for 2 or 3 minutes, then reduce the heat to medium until the chops reach the desired doneness. Depending on their thickness, this may take an additional 3 to 10 minutes.

Check for doneness by making a small cut into the meat. They will taste best if cooked to medium or medium rare.

Remove the cooked chops to a warmed platter and cover (or warm oven). Add 1/2 cup water or wine to the pan, cooking and stirring until all the browned bits are loosened and the volume of liquid is reduced to about 1/2. Pour this sauce over the chops and serve immediately

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Those all sound delicious. I like the meat loaf rings.

I made up my own rub for baked chicken thighs and drumsticks. I mixed up Redmond salt-2 tablespoons, garlic-half teaspoon, black pepper- 1/3 teaspoon and ginger-1/3 teaspoon. I rubbed it on 4 leg quarters and baked the chicken. It was quite tasty. Gotta do something to chicken, Cornish Cross is bland. Even raising it myself, it is just bland.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy Cow! The Keto Chicken Enchilada recipe is the delicious!

I followed the directions that Mike published, topped it with a little sour cream, chopped black olives and cilantro. The “spanish rice” is cauliflower rice with some sautéed onions, peppers, garlic and a little of the enchilada sauce. DH says we can have it every night. He gives it two thumbs up!

ED9023CA-AEC1-40A3-82F0-B4DB90DFEA90.jpeg

Last edited: