1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Newest Additions <3 Valentines Day Presents! - Celebrating Valentines Day for this week.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Low Carb Recipe Thread

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Mike CHS, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Jan 19, 2019
    Devonviolet

Devonviolet Herd Master

I get that you are addicted to sweets. I don’t know how long you have been doing the keto diet, but I suspect that if you stay with it, and gradually cut back on even “zero carb” sweeteners, you will find that you don’t crave sweetening as much. Keep in mind, that even if a sweetener is zero carbs and it doesn’t affect your blood sugar, you body (i.e. your liver) still sees it as sugar. So, the sooner you can get off zero carb sweeteners, the better.

WOW!!! $45 for 2.65 ounces. :ep Yes, that’s 75 servings, but that still amounts to $0.60 per serving. Not in MY budget. No sir-ee Bob!!!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
    Rammy likes this.
  2. Jan 19, 2019
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

Yeah, that price is a little steep. I will looking at the health food store later today to see what they have. The fat bombs that the keto diet wants you to eat all have sweetener in them of some kind, I just need to find one I like. I have also thought about sugar free ice cream in the dairy so I need to practice.

3. Jan 19, 2019
    frustratedearthmother

frustratedearthmother Herd Master

Your flatbread recipe is definitely on my to-do list! :drool

Mike CHS and Rammy like this.
  4. Jan 19, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

Teresa and I bit into that and we both smiled. She can't have yeast so this works for her also plus it takes about 2 minutes to put it together.

Devonviolet and Rammy like this.
  5. Jan 19, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

nasty stuff.

Being diabetic, I just practice portion control with carbs and fats.
    LOTS of exercise!!! The roads have gotten too muddy to ride our bicycles on the last 2 months so it's back to these:
    DSC00321.JPG

6. Jan 19, 2019
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

@greybeard I agree that it is nasty stuff. But if I can find a sweetener that doesn't leave a chemical taste I might be able to pull this off. There are a lot of people avoiding sugar so I might as well play into the frenzy if I can make a product that doesn't belong in the trash.

7. Jan 19, 2019
    Devonviolet

Devonviolet Herd Master

Mine too! :drool

Mike CHS likes this.
  8. Jan 19, 2019
    greybeard

greybeard Herd Master

The sugar free ice creams I've tried (even Blue Bells) leave a film in my mouth that real ice cream doesn't have, and it's the taste that is in that film that I don't like.
    Try flavoring your sugar free ice cream with real fruit, tho natural fruit sugar is still sugar

I've made some pretty good malts from quality yogurts too.

(I'm really not much of a health nut of any kind..old enough that I don't worry or care much about getting sick and dying, but I'm also not going off the edge to rush that day too much, but don't want to be a Euell Gibbons either. I do have health problems, but I very very rarely actually come down with the flu, colds, respiratory sicknesses I see so many other people post about getting)

9. Jan 19, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

What about barley malt? Don't know carbs or sugars, etc. in this but, have heard some say it can work as sweetener sufficiently.

Again, I didn't research it. I suspect it's about like "any" sugar.

Rammy likes this.
  10. Jan 20, 2019
    babsbag

babsbag Herd Master

My health issue is being overweight and I haven't been sick with the cold or flu in over 5 years; I've actually never had the flu and I don't do flu shots either. I spend a lot of time outside, I think that makes a big difference. I am probably as healthy as they come. I am sure that making ice cream won't won't help the weight at all, after all I have to taste it all, right?

Baymule, Mike CHS, farmerjan and 2 others like this.