Lump

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I took a picture of my goats lump, and I wanted to put it on her for everyone to see, so everyone could tell me what they think it is, but I don't know how to put a picture on here. How do you do it?:barnie

Goatherd

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I only know of one way to post pictures, but there may be other ways. Are you familiar with on-line photo storage sites such as Photobucket? (I use that one but there are others)
If you are, you need to upload your photo to that site. When it's done, you open the photo and copy the "image code." Then you come to this site and paste the image code into your posting and, with any luck, your photo will appear.

Again, I'm sure they're are other ways, but I don't know them.

PattySh

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
click on "uploads" at the top of your page right above your log in name. It should open up a "browse" box to allow you to upload from your computer files.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
4800_goats_021.jpg

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I did it, thank you. I know it's hard to see, but it's on her neck. I will try to take a better one, when I feed her tonight.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
(1) How old is this doe?

(2)If she was bottle fed, it could just be a milk goiter. It is odd to only have a lump on one side with a milk goiter, but my doeling has one(father/brother tested neg for CL, waiting on mom's results, but assume since her son was clean, mom will be too), and it is slowly fading away.

(3) Have your vet take a sample and run a bacterial test. Most vets will only see a lump and assume it is CL. Better to know for a fact one way or the other, and sadly some vets have to be told what to look for.

fortheloveofgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I was told that she is 1. I was worried that it's CL. Ok, I called the vet and I have to wait until next week. It was when they could get us in. I hope it's not CL. :fl The person that I bought her from claims that he tested her, but I am thinking that he didn't really do it. He claimed that he clipped her feet, but when we got her, she had very bad feet. :somad She was afraid of people, but now she is a love.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I would say it is very likely CL. Don't let it rupture on your ground. needs to be tested, cut open and cleaned out, so it will heal without getting on your farm.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
That ain't milk goiter. Looks like CL *but* you can't be sure w/out testing.