Lumps

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Giving B Complex shots today and when it come to my goat I had previously reported a small lump kinda on low neckline ( not where I give shots) but below where I give shots. Any way my helper found another small lump under her throat on the other side. They are both about pea size under the skin. About 3 inches apart from one side to another. What do you think?

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to BYH from Tn! So glad you joined us. Look around and see what interesting stuff you can find. You'll get to "meet" folks at the same time. By all means post away when the desire strikes you, especially if you have questions (provide as much detail/info as possible and pictures truly help)... With all the great folks here, generally someone will respond in no time at all. Oh, and we all love pics, so post them anytime you feel the need! Please make yourself at home!
PLEASE put at least your general location in your profile. It could be very important if/when you ask for or offer help or advice. You know, climate issues and such. I recommend at least your state as most folks won't be able to figure out where if you put anything more specific (county, town, street, etc) by itself. Old folks like me will never remember from this post & look there first. To add it, mouse hover over Account top right and a drop down will appear. Click on Personal Details and scan down. You'll see the spot for Location. Then go to the bottom and save changes. Thanks! Hope you enjoy the site!

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I’ll try and takes pictures this evening. She is black necked and hair covers the lumps so it will be hard to see but I’ll try.

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
689C153D-CE0E-44EC-9813-15ABBE56F761.jpeg
Pictures are helpful. :caf
I’ll try and takes pictures this evening. She is black necked and hair covers the lumps so it will be hard to see but I’ll try.
Pictures don’t show much.
8D5EBA12-FE5D-4348-9BC6-F404A0FC33AC.jpeg
F02970B0-BB7D-4A1E-ADC4-0550B0EDA7BE.jpeg
C1EA8F5C-971E-456D-B5F2-F7E2E105549E.jpeg

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Ok, I have an appointment at the vet Friday eve at 1:45pm. This is as soon as he can work me in. I have to load her up and take her about 18 miles one way. I hate having to haul them because it stresses them out so much. But now it like human doctors, they don’t make house calls. But at least he will see her if I bring her to him.[emoji4] maybe I can find out what we are dealing with here. I’ll post his response when he sees her.

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Took to vet, he looked at her and rubbed the bump, push it around i guess to see if it moved , squeezed it to see if hard I guess. Then he said he was 99% sure it was CAE. She also has a heavy worm load from BP worms even though she had just finished her 20 day bout with ivermectin. He told me ivermectin was becoming immune in Georgia and to switch her to Cydectin. I gave her her first cydectin Friday evening. I think this evening I will give her the benedryl.

Tomc

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I’m always one to prepare for the worst but not necessarily to accept what is told me until I can search it out. I want to think this may be allergy related but when I searched my old notes from 4 years ago, I see she is a triplet from a mom I had to put down because of a lab test with CAE positive. It is also inherited I guess?

Latest posts