Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today we said goodbye to our sweet alpaca Sequoia. He was the oldest of the crew, easily pushing 14, it was time. He had rapidly lost all his body weight in the past week, we knew it was his body going. Tonight I found him down in the field, kushing, on the half frozen ground. My dad attempted to pick him up but his legs were gone. When we let him down he rolled on his side and his neck curled back. He barely had a life force left, he was hanging on by a thread. We sat with him assuring him it was ok to let go, and that we loved him. However he was really holding on. I prayed and asked for the help of archangels to help guide him over. After about forty minutez, he was still with us on but his body was limp other than his twitching legs. I felt frustrated because there was no reason for him to hold on. I told my dad how I had prayed and he asked me if I had prayed to St Francis, the patron saint of the animals. I told him no, and we sat their and said our prayer. Within a few seconds of us finishing Sequoia crossed over. It was a very powerful moment as we felt his soul leave his body as his twitching stopped and the life force was gone. Losing an animal is never easy, but I found a beauty in the way our prayer was answered. RIP Sequoia

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
That was a bittersweet story that has me tearing up...what a wonderful young lady you are :hugswhile I am sorry that his time has come to a end.......I am happy you had such beautiful closure with him as he drifted off to another field to graze....., and such a tender moment with your father:hugs

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
So sorry you've lost an animal friend. Every living thing has its time. I'm glad you were able to share his last time here. Hated to "like" your post, but I very much liked how you handled it.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for all your kind replies. Its strange because I didnt feel all that sad. I’ll admit I cried but it was because I was happy he was at peace. He wasn’t suffering, and I like to think at the moment he died that it was an old soul returning home.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mama Priss will be moving back in the barn soon. Im annoyed at myself for letting her get so thin. She has a body score of 1, due to competition with all the other pigs. And the fact that she gave everything to her babes. This is embarrassing, but I guess its time to fix things. I will keep yall updated.