Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugs.....I know things are still numb for ya from the shock....but, think things thru and decide what is truly in your best interest....at this point.....schooling can be adjusted to lighten the load...or delayed....especially if the income is of such that it provided a living and pay for school, too....may take ya a little longer to complete....but they don't pay ya to go to class....ya gotta have power and a roof over your head...and food and gas.....you have always been a "favorite" of mine here....and ya have the resilence to see your way thru this and take a step up in life.....our prayers are certainly with you and your family and sure wish I could give ya a Hug....I have a granddaughter around your age.....:hugs

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
.but they don't pay ya to go to class....
Actually - at least in Texas sometimes they do. I don't know what the Financial Aid system is like where you are - but we've had students get all their classes and books paid for, and walk away with several thousand dollars that they can pocket for other expenses. Wouldn't hurt to check out financial aid if you haven't already. You could still pick up a part-time job and take classes at the same time. For more time on the farm - consider online classes.

With the pigs you do have a budding income source. A job at a restaurant might get you some free pig food in the form of food waste.

Just throwing out ideas - you have to do what is right for you right now. :hugs

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Very bittersweet time tonight as I retired as an FFA officer. During this I had to make a speech in front around 200 people and during that I mentioned my dad. Needless to say I cried and I made a lot of others cry. I may no longer be an officer and I graduate in a week but I will always be there to support my chapter !

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Once upon a time, FFA was for boys. No girls. I just did the math...….dang! I must be getting old or something. Some 49 years ago, I signed up for FFA as did another girl. Needless to say, we became fast friends. There was a school farm with nice facilities for steers and pigs that we went to daily to care for our animals. There was a locker room in the ag room, for boys. We had to go to the girls gym to change clothes. This was in the city of Houston, Texas. Girls in FFA was a big deal, the newspaper sent a reporter out to take our picture and interview us. My, how times have changed.

Be proud of your time in FFA, be double proud of serving as an officer of your chapter. You have done a good job. Hold your head up and know that your Dad is there next to his little girl, growing up, with a full life ahead of her.