@CntryBoy777 the face of defeat
IMG_8767.JPG

No longer a fluffnut
IMG_8768.JPG

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Is your clipper missing a tooth? Glad you got them all done. Boy, those are some pretty unhappy looking alpacas :gig They aren't going to let you get anywhere near them for the next 6 months! :lol:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Shearing was great today! We started at 10 and ended at 4. The animals are happy and I have so much fleece! I will do pics tommorow, I am one tired gal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bet those fluffy animals are WAY more comfortable now. My boys are hanging in the barn whenever it is sunny out. Those blankets just gotta go!

It was most of a lifetime before I realized woodchucks and groundhogs were one and the same.
We don't have any here.
I'd be happy to send you a couple so you are not denied the opportunity to watch them run and have tunnels dug everywhere ;)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ah got busy these past few days! So shearing went great and I have so much fleece! Here are some pictures, we had a long but sucessful day. Everyone was pretty easy to set up except Sequoia. He put up a fight and knocked the shearer over three times. And dont get me started on Alcalde..he screamed his head off, if you're interested you can watch the video here
https://instagram.com/p/BUXa-V8lPXW/

S'more was the first alpaca to be sheared, he did great
IMG_8763.JPG

IMG_8765.JPG

Poor Bear's shearing got put on hold for a few minutes because the clippers decided to be annoying.
IMG_8781.JPG

Geno got a cute haircut!
IMG_8784.JPG

IMG_8786.JPG

IMG_8785.JPG

Chillin in the field
IMG_8796.JPG

I also got a few new ducks, at least two are girls, they are young so its hard to tell
IMG_8806.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8781.JPG
    IMG_8781.JPG
    384.1 KB · Views: 101

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are some pictures from today, they all look great with their haircuts! Both of my ewes also got praised by the shearer for their awesome fiber :D
Miss Rosie ft Simon trying to steal a snack
IMG_8800.JPG

The naked herd
IMG_8801.JPG

My lovely Clover, she got was a mess during shearing :/ As you can see she got a lil cut.
IMG_8802.JPG

My pretty girls! Seeing how they are in an awesome body condition makes me feel so happy!
IMG_8838.JPG

And guess what happened yesterday? Ok I'll give you a hint..It involves Ras and something I've been saying I will do for over a year. Yup he is no longer a Ram, he is still in a funk but he has a significant improvement from yesterday. Im happy all went well, however he is much more shy now..Cannot say I blame him
IMG_8842.JPG

Latest posts