1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Rate this sheep's condition - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

Luvmypets Journal:2/18/64-5/14/19

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by luvmypets, Apr 1, 2016.

1. May 25, 2017
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

We have found ram personalities to be all over the place. That won't help you but I'm glad the "correction" made yours more biddable.

luvmypets likes this.
  2. May 26, 2017
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

We ALL know I was lying :rolleyes::lol::hide

mysunwolf and CntryBoy777 like this.
  3. May 26, 2017
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

Yea, I dont think I want to have a ram. It would be much easier to rent/borrow one.

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  4. May 26, 2017
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

Someone had their car parked on the other side of the fence and I saw him standing there looking at the animals his arms reaching over. So I walked over to him and the second he saw me he bolted. And when I say bolted I mean he ran across the road to his car, didnt even look to see if others were coming. Then he drove into our neighbors yard, which was all nice and tidy, with a ridiculously tight turn and he sped off. It was very sketchy, I looked to see if he had thrown anything over but I couldnt find anything. I normally wouldnt care if some one was observing them but the second he saw me he was gone within thirty seconds. He ran as if he was doing something illegal..which Im wondering if he was trying to dump trash or something onto our property. If that wasnt sketchy enough I also remembering that his trunk was open..

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  5. May 26, 2017
    TAH

TAH Herd Master

Thats very strange...

luvmypets likes this.
  6. May 26, 2017
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

Oh my!! It is a good thing that ya saw him. I bet he was thinking about stealing an animal. If ya see that type of thing again....take Pics....the person, vehicle, and license plate if at all possible. Don't ever let your actions place you in a dangerous situation. The world is full of shady characters and I don't need, wish, or want to hear an Amber Alert out for you. The "Times" are definitely changing and the "Wicked and Evil" will only continue to get worse....so, don't take any chances.....okay, the father talk is over.....:)

7. May 26, 2017
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

He was probably there to steal dinner. There are some real low lifes out there. Go talk to the neighbors, explain what happened and ask them to watch out, take description and license plate numbers.

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  8. May 26, 2017
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

I agree with the others. I believe he was trying to get an animal to come to the fence for a snatch and go... I suggest you notify the police or sheriff about what happened and give them whatever description you can on the car and the person. It may become important down the road if you have animals stolen and need to file an insurance claim.

Then arm yourself with a good hand gun, a straight, flat shooting long range rifle, a couple of light towers with armed guards and 50 cals... maybe a mortar or two... ;)

CntryBoy777 likes this.
  9. May 27, 2017
    animalmom

animalmom Herd Master

What @Latestarter, no trip wire... how about a few claymores? :)

Latestarter likes this.
  10. May 27, 2017
    luvmypets

luvmypets Herd Master

Love these guys so much !

Simon is so gorgeous, the cross between Ras and Clover really blew me away. I know hes across but I just love all of his features.
    IMG_8935.JPG

IMG_8936.JPG
    IMG_8938.JPG

Im wondering if Ras may have gotten Rosie covered, could just be shes carried many babies. We will see
    IMG_8939.JPG

Little fluff head Brutus, he has started to give me kisses just like his daddy.
    IMG_8937.JPG

IMG_8948.JPG

LocoYokel, Bruce, Latestarter and 3 others like this.