Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just have to share how huge Kevin has gotten. he is easily over 300lbs. These picture do not do him justice, he is a beast. He doesn't even look that big until you get close to him. In the one picture where he is standing next to a post, the post is just about 2.5 feet tall.
IMG_3149.JPG

IMG_3199.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Neatly organized :hu Does that work? ;)

No rat access I guess, that is good. I have to keep my feed in 10 gallon metal cans with handles that hold the lids down. I would have to build a rat proof cabinet to keep bagged feed in. Luckily for me, I don't have as many animals, nor TYPES of animals, as you do and the feed store is only 10 minutes away. I only buy as much as I can fit in the cans. I do have to plan ahead 1 week and have them order the Poulin alpaca and llama pellets since they don't stock them. But they only get a little each day so a bag lasts months.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hope ya don't have to get into that bottom bag very often....stacking, unstacking, and spillage....tho, I'm sure there is a "System" and reason it works for ya. Neat and tidy are certainly pluses for any storage area....we use metal cans too.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
We put my chicken down yesterday. It was the hen I sutured up. She was unable to walk friday, however I was giving her a few days to see if it improved. When it didnt I finally couldnt watch her suffer and I asked my brother to put her down. I couldnt bring myself to do it, Im just glad she isnt suffering anymore. The hardest part was she was still bright eyed and wanted to do everything, she just couldnt. RIP Gimpy
IMG_8261.JPG

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that, but did ya do a necropsy to determine why she was limping?
No, I wouldnt really know what to look for, my guess is a nerve got severed and she was left without use in her leg.