Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
This past week we had our FFA banquet. It was very fun, and I won an award for diversified livestock production.

In other news little Ras who I cal nugget, is getting so big. No new phone yet but i flipped the camera around to take some clear pictures :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

He's getting chubby

Happy clove!
image.jpg

Thats it for now, hope you enjoy :D

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Just curious... I've wondered about this since the first pic posted of Ras... His nose/mouth seems awful thin and pointy... not near as wide as the mature ewes. I mean, I know he's not mature, but still... I would have though it would be the same shape, but smaller.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just realized how the pictures really emphasize it. But no worries, its just fleece on his cheeks and the fact that he still needs to mature. I only have experience in watching lily grow but she had a blocky head with a thin nose but the proportions worked themselves out by the time she was a yearling :)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had a bit of a crazy day today at the barn. So today was my last day of school, and I had a half day so my brother drove me to the barn. Another thing I should mention is that my dad has been out of town. So, first off we found a dead hen in the water trough which was pretty upsetting. Then we let everyone out no big deal and I go home for a few hours. When I go back around 5:00 P.M. I let everyone in, no issues, but as Im letting the birds in I notice yet ANOTHER dead chicken. She was in their sandbox we made for dustbathing, and her face was purple so I believe she suffocated, I have no idea on what but once more pretty upsetting. :barnieFinally as I was walking out I noticed Geno vomiting, so after a while of it not stopping, I finally got up the courage to call up the vet...on. my. own. Now for most people that would be a simple task, but not for me. I have really bad anxiety, a bunch of "what if''s" constantly running through my head. So I talked to the vet who said he probably ate something in the rhododendron family and that I had to give him a quart of pepto... So we took a trip to the vets office to pick up a syringe because the only one I had was 3 cc's... Just imagining how long that would take gives me a headache :hide Then we ran to the local drug store and picked up the pepto, I saw the sale guy watching me and my mom as we were getting copious amounts with a look on his face like "what are they even doing" o_O. So then back to the barn for me. I got on some rubber gloves and began the dreadful task of force feeding pink goop to an already irritated animal. I'm not sure how long it took but by the time we were finished Geno looked like he was wearing lipstick and everything withing ten feet of where I was working was splattered with pepto. That smell was so bad as soon as I got home I felt sick to my stomach.The vet asked me to call her directly around 8:00 A.m. tomorrow morning to say how Geno is doing. Great, my first day off and I can't even sleep until noon :confused: But in the end its all part of the deal... So yea, today was a little crazy, but I'm really happy because I made a big step in becoming independent :p

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had quite a day! Glad you made it through. My favorite oldest daughter has anxiety issues (sometimes severe) so I can imagine what you went through. Congrats on doing what had to be done! Sorry to hear about the chickens and Geno... I hope you got some of the pepto down his throat as opposed to all over the inside of the barn (and on you). Hope that fixes him right up. Sorry you don't get to sleep in tomorrow... Really the pits to be all grown up and independent (for the most part). Grats on finishing school too (Back again next year?) Hope you have a better summer than the start.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Geno is doing much better today. I called up the vet and she told me to not give him any more pepto :bow. She said to keep him out of the pasture for today, but said he can go back tomorrow. Thank goodness everything turned out all right. Poor Geno though, he has to spend his day with the chickens.

@Latestarter I still have to go back to school next year. :confused:

TAH

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad he is doing better! And I hope the rest of your summer goes smoother! I have anxiety of phone calls in general... mostly the dreaded leaving a message. I always sound like a fool because I forget what I was going to say and stumble through it.
Same for me.

Latest posts