Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
The babes are just too cute!

Meeting his future subjects, you can tell how much he wants to herd her.
IMG_6259.JPG

Stella says: You gotta catch me first!
IMG_6266.JPG

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
So as some of you know I am an amatuer spinner. So we tried to work with my OLD wheel but its just too much. Its just too old and everything falls apart. So my mom asked me if I wanted a Louet for my birthday which is next week and of course I said yes! Im am going to try out a one pedal and double pedal and decide from there. Super excited!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a single treadle Louet and I really like it! The only thing I had to do, was leave the drive band on the largest whorl size for awhile, because otherwise it was too tight and it 'pulled' the fiber in too fast. I keep it on the whorl even when I'm not using it, although 'they' say you're not supposed to because it will stretch the drive band out too much. So far I haven't found that to be a problem, and you can always tighten up the scotch tension to compensate for that.

I wish I was closer to you, I'd look at that old wheel. I've found it fascinating learning about wheels and how they work. I've gotten several off CL cheap enough to fix up and hopefully sell to beginning spinners at a decent price at the fiber show in May.

Latest posts