Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

rachels.haven

Herd Master
Reaction score
Holy cow. Get the heck out.
And unless you sold the animals with the animals with the property, many of those sound like thefts. Run. He's a slime ball.

Last edited:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Truth be told I was so nervous to post that. But yall have been there for me through this whole thing and I really felt that I wanted to tell you everything. I’ve been so distant and only shared the good stuff when so much more was going on behind the scenes. Even then with all that scummy stuff there were times he was very good to me, and I considered us friends.

Anyways I just realized I never explained the entire move to you so here goes. So its the end of august, a family friend and my brother say they don’t want me around that place anymore. I was not ready to lose all of my animals and so the question became what am I going to do with them. I had been at my wits end with the hogs escaping for awhile and had been considering letting them go. However I knew that no matter what I was keeping Lu and Ras. I went home that night with my mind settled, I was leaving the farm. The place my Dad and brother built from the ground up, and a place that was once my one true happy place. The family friend came to me the next day and told me that his boss had been trying to start a farm on his property for some time now and that he was interested in the animals. That weekend I visited the property for the first time and I was in heaven. The owner of the property told me he was going to let me move all my pigs ss soon as they got a fence up. He explained to me that while he could cover all the finances, he was far to busy to be involved with the pigs besides that. However there was one more person I still had to meet. My new piggy partner who lives in a house towards the front of the property(lots of land like 100+ acres). I met him and we walked as we discussed where we were going to move the hogs. He told me he had always wanted to start a pig farm but didn’t have the knowledge, which I had. And he has knowledge on business and construction which I don’t. When I realized how we fit together it wasn’t like with R where the whole thing felt to good to be true but rather the whole thing just felt right. After the visit my excitement grew as I imagined my hogs getting to be in the tranquil woods. The next week I struggled with telling R about the move in fear of his reaction, it got so bad that the fear manifested into digestive issues. He had been pushing me for the past week to sell Calli and Maeja, all but three sows and a boar are what I was allowed. He kept telling me the same thing he always had and that my pigs were essentially worthless. He kept trying to get me to agree to him to let him completely redo the fence. This is how that conversation went “So uh listen the pigs are getting out of control and if you don’t want to get this fence fixed then you are going to have to get rid of them”
Me: “all of them?”
R: “Yeah, and then me and my business partner are going to rip all this fencing up and completely redo this area. But also once we do that it won’t be YOUR pig area anymore and you can’t keep breeding them.”
I kept trying to stall because I didn’t want to invest in a situation I was about to leave but I also didnt want to lose two of my sows. Anyways after I finally told him everything seemed to be getting better. But the hogs kept finding ways to escape and so tensions between me and R grew for the few weeks before the move. Finally after weeks of them escaping I found a situation that worked and it kept them till the move. All I have left is the sheep which he offered to take Ras and Mochi but theres no way in hell thats happening.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
My heart bleeds for you Luv. I am so glad you got out and have a new and proper partner.

always complained about how they ate too much
The man is an idiot, if all alpacas are like my two they eat almost nothing. If I had really good grass hay I suspect I could get by with 15 small squares a year total plus pasture in the warmer months.

He kept telling me the same thing he always had and that my pigs were essentially worthless.
Worthless? He has no clue! Are you still selling to restaurants or has that been shut down by the pandemic?

Bad Atlas! That looks really nasty, I don't think I could have been standing for a picture.

:hugs

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I said goodbye to the last of the animals I had. The sheep and Geno moved to north carolina on saturday. I thought I would cry but I havent felt much, guess its gonna hit me sooner or later. With that being said they have gone to an amazing home where I know they will be safe.

here is a photo I was sent after they moved
6B60B8B1-E1BA-4365-8386-58128F8848DD.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know it hurts. You did what is right for them, they will be loved. Big hugs to you for the hole in your heart.