Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I tried to reply yesterday, but we were having a storm, power was blipping on and off, so I gave up and closed the laptop. LOL

Animals can be counted on to be stinkers, getting out, getting into stuff, inviting the whole barnyard and having a blowout of a party while Mommy is sleeping. LOL Good thing you got them rounded up and put back where they belong with no lasting damage.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have made the decision to sell my alpacas. Im down to three as Bear and Bolero died during the winter. I decided at first to rehome just two of them and keep Geno. But when I saw Geno out in the field by himself, even though he seemed fine, I knew in my heart he should be with his friends. He isn’t completely alone as he has the sheep and the goat(yes we have some goats now) Just no more alpaca friends. He will be staying here until monday as the shearer is coming out and then I will have to let him go. My heart hurts seeing them go but I know they are going to live a great life in their new home.
The alpacas are going to some people starting up a petting zoo and they are big animal lovers. I will also be able to visit their property and check on my boys. But the craziest part is, the guy who owns the place looks exactly like my Dad. I was even told the personality was the same. I wasn’t there when they picked up the alpacas but the farm owner was and he told me he almost started crying thats how similar this guy was. Today is the anniversary of his death and if this isn’t a sign I don’t know what is.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Wow. I agree, this is a sign that your alpacas belong with this guy. How bittersweet to give them up, even to a wonderful home and this is the one year anniversary of losing your Dad. Big hugs to you my friend, I know your heart breaks anew. Doing the right thing for your alpacas shows your true love for them, no matter how much it hurts to see them leave.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
They will continue in your mind and your heart....you'll be able to find them with the others.... :hugs .....but, as this chapter "closes" a new one begins....ya never know what the future holds and ya may be able to get some more....on down the road....:fl.....one thing is for sure, you are a better person today for having the experience with them...:)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Im currently in the process of moving my animals to a new property. It was hard to make the decision but its time for me to start a new chapter in my life. Im excited for this fresh start and I know my crew is as well.
6ABDF0CD-EFBD-40DB-B167-F8A3CC481081.jpeg

Also my ewe Clover is due to lamb soon. The guy who owns the farm threw two Jacob rams in the field a few months back so here we are. Im pretty excited as I havent had lambs in a hot second. She has been bagging up this past week so it shouldnt be too much longer.
E5C2C9BF-41B5-4484-A22F-5D80C6A1D4C6.jpeg

0AF1A80E-586F-421D-9FDE-AB55C4ADEDF4.jpeg

BCCE73B8-21DF-481C-B8F3-3876EE8682E2.jpeg

34FD69E6-001B-463B-BAD3-B8925392FE63.jpeg

Latest posts