Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Wow, somebody has daddy wrapped aye? ;) :hide Congrats! :clap Don't you already have some alpacas? Are you going to (need to) quarantine them for a month or so? And what ever happened with that beautiful black ewe you wanted? Did you ever get her? :pop

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yes, we have two alpacas :)

About the ewe. So its funny, yesterday my dad said we would go to get a ewe today but then the thing for the new alpacas came up and I new my dad REALLY wanted some new guys so instead of one ewe we're getting four alpacas. My dad still owes me a ewe for my birthday though ;)

They are getting dropped off around 11 or so... OH and they are all different colors. Two shades of brown, a fawn (which is to die for) and another black. Very excited :weee

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our new alpacas arrived around two. Their nmes are Geno, Buster Brown and Jefferson. They are registered Suri's and three of them have papers. We believe they are SuriXHuacaya mixes due to their looks. I don't have pics unfortunately, I don't have my phone.

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Confused... you said four, but then only gave 3 names? (unless Buster Brown is actually two names vice one...) We're a very understanding bunch... we'll wait for pictures (for a little while anyway ;)) Congrats! :cool:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh sorry last one is Bear, the computer I was on was very slow lol

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Here are the new boys as promised

Up first we have jefferson who I call Jeff
image.jpg

Next we have Buster Brown
image.jpg

The Third guy is bear, he is the most dominant
2016-05-08.jpg
\

Finally we have (color wise) my favorite boy, Geno. He is a real sweetie.
2016-05-08.jpg

Here is them all together
2016-05-08.jpg

Ignore their pouty faces, they were just a bit wary of me. Anyways, they are all doing great in their new homes. They are very good boys, and once you pet them it shows how gentle they really are. Anyways I made some great progress with Jeff and Buster today! I brought out a feed scoop to get their attention and Jeff ran right up to me and ate straight out of my hand! I was shocked as yesterday I could barely get withing ten feet of them all. Soon Buster came up and joined Jeff. It was great, I was so happy to see that they trusted me :D

Alright, now are updated pictures of the sheep which I'm sure you have all been waiting for

Heres the gang, and let me tell ya little Ras isn't so little anymore
2016-05-08.jpg

Here is Clover, when I have food she as sweet as can be. Otherwise she runs away, but we are working on it. I have also done some trick training with her, she knows how to put her front feet on a bucket and stand up, rear, and jump a few little obstacles.
2016-05-08.jpg

Next we have Rosie who is look 10x better then she did during her pregnancy. She is gaining weight, running (she would only trot before), her eyes are much brighter and you can tell she is so much happier. Here she is scratching herself on the gate.
2016-05-08.jpg

And finally the star of the show....Little RAS! So Ras is almost two months old! I was really worried about him because on sunday he got diarrhea and by saturday he wasn't himself. I talked to my Ag teacher and he said it was most likely his diet and to add electrolytes. So last night we got some electrolytes in his water and he was so much better today, and his poop is little pellets again very happy!
2016-05-08.jpg

2016-05-08.jpg

Hope that is enough pictures for you guys :D

So, I never really mentioned this but their is an event at my highschool called Barnyard Days. So basically there is exhibits set up and kids from neighboring towns come and we get to present the animals to them! I'm bringing Onyx and Al and I'm so excited, it's this Wednesday. Anyways that's all for now hope you enjoy the pictures :D

Latestarter

Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Thanks! Your animals look great! Rosie especially :D She's come a long way! Ras sure is a handsome little cuss. I think he knows what a camera is, the little ham. So who are Onyx and Al? :hu

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks! Your animals look great! Rosie especially :D She's come a long way! Ras sure is a handsome little cuss. I think he knows what a camera is, the little ham. So who are Onyx and Al? :hu
Thanks, oh Ras is such a sweetie, and yes quite the ham indeed :D

Onyx and Al were our two alpacas before we got the new boys :p