Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 days until her due date but I have a weird feeling that she will go on sunday. I am so.ready. to meet these babies. Heres a video that I posted on Priss's farrowing thread but I love it so much so i will post it here as well.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
if she's a typical pig carrying a typical litter, that number could easily be doubled :barnie:ep

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
5 days until her due date but I have a weird feeling that she will go on sunday. I am so.ready. to meet these babies. Heres a video that I posted on Priss's farrowing thread but I love it so much so i will post it here as well.
Cool video :thumbsup Do a standing side picture I'd like to see udder development .

Now WHY would that not be comfortable for Priss?? 4 little hooves per baby, probably a minimum of 24 hooves kicking and pushing? :hu
Maybe . more But six to eight is common for a first litter .

if she's a typical pig carrying a typical litter, that number could easily be doubled :barnie:ep
This being her first I'd guess eight . It helps to know two things . Litter size she came out of ,and litter size the boar came out of .

Exactly she is SUCH a softy. Its probably like a uterine massage and she is just being a big baby about it ;)
She is gentle for sure . Soon them little squealers be running all over the place .:fl

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ya need to tell Miss Priss that it is the wknd and it is okay to release the little beasts for ya....she'll feel sooo much better afterwards....:)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Hipshot heres the picture, she has a tiny bit of milk. Im unsure of the boars litter size but I believe her birth litter had nine.
IMG_3084.JPG

IMG_3086.JPG

Hipshot

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Looks like she will have good milk . I still am guessing six or eight piglets . When she starts farrowing ,try to encourage her to lie in the middle of the stall . As she is laying now she would roll on pigs to get up . Nice clean stall your a good mid wife :thumbsup