Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Things are looking..better.. I will post what happened in the morning Im exhausted.

Enjoy a picture of Clover who is heavily pregnant and bagging up.
IMG_6799.JPG

IMG_6805.JPG

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
So yesterday we arrived at the barn and Stella was unthrifty. She was standing by Rosie's side with her ears drooping and no hops what so ever. She kept returning to the corner with the heat lamp and sleeping there. She would still get up if you got too close but overall she was not herself. We had the vet out and we gave her penicillin, banamine, selenium, and more Tetanus AT. Another thing was I completely banded them wrong.. Yesterday was just a crappy day...

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Much better, I haven't seen her myself but my brother says she is playing again and isn't sleeping. She is still a bit down but he suspects its the tail banding. So let me go into more detail on what happened with the banding because not going to lie I am thoroughly embarrassed :oops: After everything was said and done the vet moved on to how I banded the tails very low. And then when I showed her Brutus, turns out a missed one of his testicles :he:hide. It took her about ten minutes to find it and get it into the sac. :oops: Another thing was the castrating bands we had were almost like elastic and she was able to get her scissors under it and cut it off. Thankfully she had her own that she used and then the barn was filled with dramatic lambs acting like they are about to die.

I'm sorry for such a brief description of what happened. I have been in a weird state of mind and not really myself today so knowing that Stells is doing better really helps my morale.

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad she is improving! Don't be too hard on yourself - there is always more to learn, everyone makes mistakes even when they've been doing things for years. The good thing is, you noticed she wasn't acting normally and got her help fast! And now you have more knowledge for the next time. :hugs