Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
just saw her for myself. She is getting better, I didn't see any hopping but it is almost 10 so she is probably tired. I gave her another dose of Penicillin at the vets recommendation. At one point she got down and my mom couldn't catch her so that was a good sign! I also got a pic of her eating with mama and Clover. She is trying to be a big girl!

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Don't rush her... let her be a lamb for a while more yet. She'll be a big girl soon enough. Sorry about the mess ups with banding and docking. Glad it was discovered before any serious issues were caused and corrected. So hopefully you watched closely so you'll know next time. Glad Stella is coming around.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm happy that things are straightening up for you. I was completely amazed at how hard it was to get both testicles in the bands. So hard in fact that we have the vet coming out Friday to show us how to castrate. We discussed banding with this vet and he said he will not do it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are increasing your experiences, and this increases your knowledge, and that increases your confidence. It is these things that magnifies the "Details" that have meaning and separates them from those that don't matter as much. Every situation is a challenge and a "Lesson", raising and caring for animals will always have ya expanding your "Brain" at every stage of life....:)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I had pictures to post but it wont work..

Im feeling a bit strange about the whole Stella thing. She's happy, nursing and playing but her ears are still off. Almost newborn like.
IMG_6817.jpg

And today Bolero hurt his leg and he was yelling about it and I was freaking out because he wouldn't put weight on it. But after like ten minute he calmed down so idk but I thought we were going to have another vet bill.

Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I bet when you were younger ya would get a few "Bumps & Bruises" too....probably still do....no need to Fret so much over every little thing, Stella has the ears that the Creator has given to her and as long as she is hearing, and there isn't any puss or drainage coming out of them, and she doesn't have a fever....then, there should be nothing to be concerned with. Just enjoy their youth and each day they are spunky and loveable. It certainly won't be but a short while and they will become the sheep they were designed to be, with their own personality, character, and bad habits....:)

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
Figured out the pictures, kinda annoyed that I had to screenshot them to make this work but whatever.

One of the many fluffnuts(that is the scientific name I promise) Alcalde isn't very friendly but he is so cute!
IMG_6818.jpg

Our herd leader bear in his alert stance.
IMG_6823.jpg

Ras being the cutest, I love my boy, he was so spunky yesterday!
IMG_6819.jpg

He was also flirting quite a bit
IMG_6824.jpg

Probably my favorite photo from yesterday, lil Brutus and the sun hitting perfectly.
IMG_6820.jpg

Mama and the twins, who as you can see are growing like weeds!
IMG_6821.jpg

Lil Stells
IMG_6822.jpg

And the piggles Patricia and Kev. They were a year on St Patricks Day so about three more months until their "bad day"
IMG_6825.jpg

The boys are still curious of the lambs, the lambs are over all this sniffing.
IMG_6826.jpg

And @CntryBoy777 I know you like Smore :)
IMG_6828.jpg

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Probably my favorite photo from yesterday, lil Brutus and the sun hitting perfectly.
I agree, such a great picture!!!!

I think your fluffnuts need a bunch of burrs all over their heads and front. They just don't look right :lol:
Teddy's "hairdo" got so bad there was large ball of hair and burrs hanging down in front of his right eye. The "attachment" hair got thinner and thinner. I managed to snag it as he was eating pellets out of my hand and it came loose when he pulled away. Scared him of course and he probably doesn't realize that I did something GOOD for him. Oh well.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree, such a great picture!!!!

I think your fluffnuts need a bunch of burrs all over their heads and front. They just don't look right :lol:
Teddy's "hairdo" got so bad there was large ball of hair and burrs hanging down in front of his right eye. The "attachment" hair got thinner and thinner. I managed to snag it as he was eating pellets out of my hand and it came loose when he pulled away. Scared him of course and he probably doesn't realize that I did something GOOD for him. Oh well.
The burrs get bad in the summer and fall but I haven't seen any in a bit..Don't jinx it @Bruce