Luvmypets Journal: A New Season

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like Barnyard Days was a great time - looks like they have a nice setup for it. Congrats on the new chicks!

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was most of a lifetime before I realized woodchucks and groundhogs were one and the same.
We don't have any here.

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been HOT this week. We have had the temps in the 90's all week. Thankfully however the temp is going down tommorow. Its been pretty rough on the herd, esecially the sheep, but they are getting sheared Sunday so they will have relief. I know im miserable in this heat so I can only imagine how they feel :sick

Pictures as always!
Trisha is growing into a fine gilt! She is finally starting to catch up to the boys. Here you can see her begging for some treats in the wallow they made. I filled it up some more as it was starting to dry out and they really enjoy it.
IMG_8650.JPG

Geno after I hosed him down, and he hogs the hose! You can see a Ras butt by the gate
IMG_8689.JPG

And here are some of the lovely sheep trying to escape the heat.
IMG_8653.JPG

He has started to warm up to me and he frequently comes over to sniff me or nibble on my clothing. I even got him to eat out of my hand!
IMG_8654.JPG

Beautiful Simon chilling with Alcalde
IMG_8685.JPG

I absolutely love what Simon is growing into. He is going to be stunning!
IMG_8686.JPG

And here is mama Cirra with her chicks. Looks like all of them are broilers, they are growing fast. I was bummed out at first but I remembered how I have been wanting to raise our own meat birds for this so yea. One chick if its a girl will definitly be pardoned, I named her Sandra and shes cute cause she has two black dots.
IMG_8668.JPG