Lynx Rex

Mocksincerity

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
From everything I read Lynx shouldn't be bred to anything other than chocolate and Lynx. Lynx are very hard to find here and I got some from a top breeder she wins shows and places. From what I understand judges often overlook the lack of white under color in Lynx here because its hard to perfect that. The breeder did say she has rabbits with the white color but its a work in progress. But what concerns me is that she uses opals, ambers, and reds in her lines. Is that just a mistake on her part or would there be a reason to do that to improve something color wise in her Lynx. I've heard you should never bred opal to lynx as it damages both colors causing the lynx to have to much blue surface color. I know a big thing with a lot of reds is that they have white bellies and undercolor and they should ideally have red all the way down and not white. I'm thinking that in order to get the white undercolor in her Lynx she used that red flaw to get that white undercolor in her rabbits and then used the opal to tone down the red in her Lynx bringing back the blue color. Does that make sense? Is there anything I need to be wary of when working with Lynx lines with opal, red, and amber in them?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
:idunno not sure... what I do know there's different rules for "newbies" & experienced breeders. "Rules" you see online don't always apply in real life for the rarer colors.

Things i would consider. How many points is color for rex? If these colors will cause DQs in offspring I would keep looking. If it's a couple of points I wouldn't worry too much. Velveteen lops the color is only 5 points. I have my 1st lynx in the nest box!! He was out of a blue and broken chestnut.

Latest posts