Maggidans Milker?

Brady G Vaughn

Just born
Reaction score
I hate to revive such an old post, but can you tell us how it worked out? Did you get the maggidans, and were you pleased?

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is only good for in a pinch- we have one on hand in case of emergency (goat with bluebag mastitis or something similar like needing to get milk out where you normally are dam raising and cannot hand milk)
Long term this will ruin the teats and udder
The syringe in which the teat goes is a hard plastic, it also is constant pressure... the teats get sore, red, and you may see capillaries burst.

The syringe "teat cups" fill too quickly with milk when you have a good flow and the milk will back up causing you to have to break suction and start over.

The EZ milker does have a constant pressure but is far better because of the inflations.... much gentler.
Many say it is hard to get a good suction, but from what I understand if you wet the inflation first before putting on teat this makes it easier.
We have an EZ milker but have not used it yet-
We hand milk and have hoeggars milk machine and a System one (caprine supply).
The big machines are only worth it if you have a lot of goats and a lot of milk because cleaning is time consuming.

We haven't used our big milk machines yet. We bought them used and need to replace the tubing and inflations.

What breed do you have?

Brady G Vaughn

Just born
Reaction score
This is only good for in a pinch- we have one on hand in case of emergency (goat with bluebag mastitis or something similar like needing to get milk out where you normally are dam raising and cannot hand milk)
Long term this will ruin the teats and udder
The syringe in which the teat goes is a hard plastic, it also is constant pressure... the teats get sore, red, and you may see capillaries burst.

The syringe "teat cups" fill too quickly with milk when you have a good flow and the milk will back up causing you to have to break suction and start over.

The EZ milker does have a constant pressure but is far better because of the inflations.... much gentler.
Many say it is hard to get a good suction, but from what I understand if you wet the inflation first before putting on teat this makes it easier.
We have an EZ milker but have not used it yet-
We hand milk and have hoeggars milk machine and a System one (caprine supply).
The big machines are only worth it if you have a lot of goats and a lot of milk because cleaning is time consuming.

We haven't used our big milk machines yet. We bought them used and need to replace the tubing and inflations.

What breed do you have?

I have pygmies. I looked at the ez milker, but have concerns that I may not be able to make it work because of its bulkiness in comparison to their size.

OneFineAcre

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_1532.jpg

It doesn't pulsate, but I don't think it is accurate to say it is constant pressure.
When you pump the handle the pressure is increasing. Once the milk starts to flow you stop pumping and then the pressure starts to fall.
Once the milk starts to slow down, you start pumping again for a few pumps and then stop.
Pressure is going up and then going down.

Last edited:

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
View attachment 29485

It doesn't pulsate, but I don't think it is accurate to say it is constant pressure.
When you pump the handle the pressure is increasing. Once the milk starts to flow you stop pumping and then the pressure starts to fall.
Once the milk starts to slow down, you start pumping again for a few pumps and then stop.
Pressure is going up and then going down.

that is what the maggidans does but the ez milker is better for the teats than those hard syringes they are brutal and can cause bruising- the ez milker doesn't

on the flip side pygmy teats are generally much smaller so it may not be an issue like it would for a good nigerian dwarf dairy goat

I have a friend that has pygmy and nigerian crosses, they produce a LOT of milk like the Nigerian side but the little short legs from the pygmy side did cause issues with the ez milker because they couldn't get it under their does and get a good suction. They had to have the does move all the way to the side....

BlessedBGoats

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I hate to revive such an old post, but can you tell us how it worked out? Did you get the maggidans, and were you pleased?
Hi,
We have a Nigerian Dwarf and a Nubian/Nigerian mix dairy goats. We ordered the Maggidans Milker and have used it for about a week. I milk twice a day so it gets a work out. It was great in the beginning, but it seems now it is loosing suction. I have to read the troubleshooting tips again. But she is very helpful with email questions and I really like the set up of the milker. I tried to make my own, but couldn't find the right fittings. So, when I found the maggidans, it was reasonable in price.

I like that you can control the amount of suction and the squirting gun type nozzle makes it easy to aim in a milk bucket I keep in a cooler next to my feet.

Last edited:

purplequeenvt

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have used both a Maggidan Milker (on a goat) and a Henry Milker (on a goat and a cow) and I prefer the Henry.